How to turn Seatbelt Chime off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
It worked on my wife's 2014 Journey RT with a push button ignition. Thanks internet!

jpretti72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the forum and this was the first post I looked at. Worked like a champ on my 2014 Ram 1500 Express Black Edition. Many thanks to the OP on how to disable this.

luckydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you don't like wearing the seatbelt for some reason, why not just jumper the connector under the seat that goes to the buckle? It will think it is always buckled. You won't get the chime or the light.
I tried jumping out the under seat switch on my '14 this week and it didn't work. I've done it on my '03 truck and my '09 car with no problem. Not sure what changed.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Everyone of course has to make their own choices and I'll be the last to tell anyone what to do.
Food for thought though. Back when I was a volunteer fireman and first responder, there was twice when I helped cut people out of their cars. One died and the other time the person was air lifted. I mention those two in particular because they were both within one mile of their home. There were many others though. Too many actually. This is also rural country roads so it isn't like dangerous traffic or anything.

After the things I saw, things like seat belts became routine without even thinking about it.

Anyway, not trying to be a **** or anything, just giving some prospective.

Ray

I agree with this. As I am a Police Officer, I've seen what not wearing your seat belt can do. From very young to very old. No seat belt can mean you going through any opening in your cab, no matter how small you think it is. Steering wheel included. Just the other day an older man tried to take a curve, not even a sharp on, rolled over and was half out his driver window when the truck came to rest...on top of him. Think the chiming is annoying? I'd rather hear chiming than have worms eating my bones...Just food for thought.

BLKSHP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried this on Jeeps, Dodges and Chryslers. I'm now on a mission to find a Mopar if fails on. lol.

CiggyByrns

US Navy Retired IYAOYAS
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Works great!! I can now cruise the beach without hearing that annoying ding!! Many thanks!

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is the first thing I did after getting my truck. Having a farm truck tag in Oklahoma means you are not legally required to wear a seatbelt. The chime is definitely not missed whenever you're constantly getting out to open gates and check cattle!

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It worked in my 2014 1500. Great fro when we are at the cottage putting the boat in and out.

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turned it off 30 minutes after getting the truck home on my 2015.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"A friend" also wanted the little indicator light on the dash to be off, so he cut up an old credit card in the shape of the buckle and leaves it connected at all times...and it's removable

sgalligan04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I haven't seen this any where on the forum, but found out how to disable the seatbelt chime while driving. The seat belt light on the EVIC is still on though. If any one is interested this is what to do......

1. sitting in the truck buckle the seat belt.
2. turn on ignition without starting the truck.
3. wait for the seatbelt light to go off on the EVIC
4. with in 10 seconds, unbuckle, rebuckle 3 times. leaving the seat belt buckled the third time.
5. Turn off ignition. you should hear a chime confiring the change.

Take a quick drive to see if it worked.

brilliant, have been trying to figure this out for soo long

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
it worked on my 2015 HD as well. great info thanks

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
worked great on my 2014 ram bighorn.

is there any other secrets like this for anything else...?

joshjack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
First thing I did on my 2015 2500 Limited!

Couple notes:
- Waiting for the seat belt indicator to go off on the EVIC is critical and easily missed. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and that was it.

- On the keyless trucks you want the truck to be in RUN mode not ACC mode, which is two button presses without pressing the brake pedal.

Moss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Worked like a charge for me, 2015 Dodge Ram...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool mod.

Going thru a Marine Corps base everyday, they would hammer you in a heartbeat if you didn't have your seatbelt buckled. I guess it's just so engrained that I don't even think twice about putting it in gear no matter how far I'm going without doing my belt. That whole muscle memory thing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956