How to: Wireless Light Bar Controller (Trigger 4-plus) Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the second part to my light bar installation where I install the Trigger 4-plus wireless controller. Overall it does what I need it to do and simplifies the light bar install for my lower grill and future lights BUT the design of the switches is a little underwhelming. I’ve been very vocal with AAC the company that manufacturers this kit about the perceived feel of the controller.

Again does exactly what I need it to do but the switches are meh for a $200 controller.

95072732e2502126e3e172c89c736f4d.jpg

3bedba813f4202f100ae8b7f745c3c9b.jpg

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Watched your video. Did it just how I plan to. I did a 6 shooter install on a buddy's Colorado. Figured I would spend the extra for a couple more circuits. I agree the switches are the only downside on what I consider a premium setup. Everything else is done well and I'm very picky about my 12v installs.

I think one descent light bar up front.

Ditch lights.

Warning strobes.

Backup lights.

Deer whistle.

Good video and walk through. I'm weird in that I like watching people do stuff I've already done just look for extra thoughts or better suggestions! Good work. Also going to check some of your other videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SBelt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Just installed the Trigger 4 in my 21 2500 Lariat. Easy install. Waterfowler41 has a 1500 so I knew I needed to find a different fuse to connect the yellow trigger wire to.

I found something very useful while investigating which switched fuse I wanted to use. If your truck has the 12v power outlet in the upper tray on top of the dash, it probably comes from the factory with the power port on all the time. I have my radar detector currently plugged in there (will direct wire later). I would like the port to be switched 12v. Well, killed 2 birds with this find. Fuse 90/91 controls that power port. That fuse position actually is a 2 way fuse setup. It comes shifted to the right which has the power port always on. If you pull the 20A fuse and move it to the left position, the power port is now switched! So, I installed a fuse tap in the left position and connected the trigger wire to that.

Works great! Easy way to add switched devices if you don't have the factory aux switches.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just installed the Trigger 4 in my 21 2500 Lariat. Easy install. Waterfowler41 has a 1500 so I knew I needed to find a different fuse to connect the yellow trigger wire to.

I found something very useful while investigating which switched fuse I wanted to use. If your truck has the 12v power outlet in the upper tray on top of the dash, it probably comes from the factory with the power port on all the time. I have my radar detector currently plugged in there (will direct wire later). I would like the port to be switched 12v. Well, killed 2 birds with this find. Fuse 90/91 controls that power port. That fuse position actually is a 2 way fuse setup. It comes shifted to the right which has the power port always on. If you pull the 20A fuse and move it to the left position, the power port is now switched! So, I installed a fuse tap in the left position and connected the trigger wire to that.

Works great! Easy way to add switched devices if you don't have the factory aux switches.

It's a good system. My buddy's truck is about 7 months since instal. Had one item randomly turn on one day in the driveway when he wasn't there. The only theory is garage door opener but it's BT so I don't buy it...

Minus the physicality of the switches, it is the best most complete solution.

And that is funny on the fuse. My tradesman came factory in the other position because my all band scanner only receives power when ignition is on.

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a good system. My buddy's truck is about 7 months since instal. Had one item randomly turn on one day in the driveway when he wasn't there. The only theory is garage door opener but it's BT so I don't buy it...

Minus the physicality of the switches, it is the best most complete solution.

And that is funny on the fuse. My tradesman came factory in the other position because my all band scanner only receives power when ignition is on.

Unless you absolutely need power when the vehicle is off, powering the trigger off of a switch circuit avoids that issue altogether.

ImagineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all,
New to the forum. I have a 21 1500 Bighorn. New aftermarket bumper unexpectedly early, cause the original love tapped a civic. Installing the trigger4. Failed to find anything capable of switched vs … Found a 20A fuse (F17) Air Susp. Any ideas what that might power? No airbags on a BH.

Thanks

Fselrahc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Almost 3 years later and this is exactly the solution I came looking for. Just wanted to say "thanks for posting"!