Howdy from NW Pennsylvania

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CannMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy!

I found this forum via web search and signed up today.

A little about myself: I'm an old recluse that used to be a tech before a stupid disease took my abilities then my memories. "Retired" now but I do woodwork on the side to try and retain whatever sanity I can & bring in a few extra bucks. Normally I'm unmedicated, unsupervised and working with sharp things that spin really fast. :)

My memory is terrible and I often have a hard time navigating the web & communicating, words get jumbled & I get confused easily. So I'll probably say some things that sound dumb as a box of hammers from time to time .. that's just me now. I will do my level best to post things in the appropriate places though.

Though not a Dodge, my prized possession is a 1962 Chevy Corvair Rampside Pickup that my Daddy got when I was a youngun and I bought from him when I was 18.

The reason I joined is because I recently picked up a 2007 (3rd Gen, I think?) Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7 eco, longbed and it has issues.

Thanks for having me as a member, I appreciate it and look forward to talkin' with y'all.

Best,

Don "CannMan" Cann

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Welcome from about 50 miles south of you (near New Castle).

Oh, and love the Corvairs. My dad had a '64 when I was a baby. Not the pickup but still a Corvair. I wouldn't mind finding one to play with

OP
OP
CannMan

CannMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome from about 50 miles south of you (near New Castle).

Oh, and love the Corvairs. My dad had a '64 when I was a baby. Not the pickup but still a Corvair. I wouldn't mind finding one to play with
Well, hello and thank ya, neighbor! :)

Almost everyone I meet that's had a Corvair in the family has fond memories of them. Almost. :)
My Daddy was an auto tech way back when and over the years we had more than 100 of them in one form or another. Aside from Baby (my Rampside), my favorite was our '67 coupe automatic. She was bright red with black interior and was like an oversized go-cart to drive. Hehehe

Baby is in waiting currently. She needs a couple rear axle bearings and of course they were only made for the trucks and vans, Difficult to find and super spendy.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks turkeybird56!
I see you're in CenTex .. whereabouts?
I lived in Georgetown briefly then got a house in Jarrell for a few years.
Was a CenTex Patriot Guard Rider until I moved to NW PA.
I know a few riders. I am North of Austin, South of DFW, LOL.

OP
OP
CannMan

CannMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know a few riders. I am North of Austin, South of DFW, LOL.
Oh yeah, I know exactly where that is. ;)
Right on. Tell 'em CannMan says Howdy.
If they don't recall (there are just a few riders), I was the photographer for the National Gathering of the Guard in Killeen.