HUD Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krzysiek930

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Just picked up mu 22 RAM 1500 Limited with HUD.
One of the settings that I was looking forward to is driving directions displayed on HUD, instead of in the cluster. However if I unselect "show driving directions in cluster" after few turns HUD is locking up or completely blanking out on the direction display. These seem to be independent since HUD continues for few turns and directions and then disappears or locks up.

Other thing that i noticed is that right side of the HUD display is out of focus where left is nice and crisp.
Cleaned lens and windshield - no improvement.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
The HUD in the '21 Limited I had worked perfectly. It was always crisp and in focus. I never used the nav feature of it so I can't speak to that part of it. I'd take it in and let them know yours isn't working right.

OP
OP
K

Krzysiek930

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
My 21 actually was out of focus on the left side. Then my windshield cracked and had to be replaced and HUD got really nice and clear so I'm sure that this is the windshield issue and not the HUD itself.

Mrbyh20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely a windshield issue regarding the distorted view. I just had Safelite auto glass replace my windshield and they wasn’t able to get the new windshield to calibrate correctly so thru had to order a windshield directly from manufacturer. Since it arrived I’ve no issue with my viewing anything I have set option wise. Seems the calibration part is vital in our windshields. In fact had satellite known of the problem to be, they’d not installed the temp new one and ordered the correct one. So that wasn’t a cheap mistake on their part! lol. The installer wouldn’t say how much the windshield would have cost me if I had to buy it myself. Guessing it’s more then my allowance my wife gives me everyday!! Haha

Enjoy your new truck I certainly love mine.