Hughes intake kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok guys got a question. I’m at about to purchase the Hughes intake gasket kit. I’ve been reading some reviews on them and so far they have all been good I just wanted some of u guy to throw in ur two cents before I purchase and if so should I get the one with the felpro gaskets or the cheaper kit?? Any and all opinions is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hero6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I you are set on using Hughes kit, then get the fel-pro gasket with it. I just bought a fel-pro gasket on my sons Ram, but used the stock plenum plate with no problems. Fel-pro gaskets make a big difference.
Also of note: I have read many times that the intake plate bolts are too long and wont torque properly as they bottom out, but when we did his intake, I tested this and left off the plate and gasket, ran all the bolts in and they all went flush. These were stock bolts as the motor had never been apart. (97 Ram 1500, 5.2) . I took a few pics, but haven't posted them yet.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Yea I was thinking I could get the felpro gaskets it’s only 30 dollars extra but the Hughes kit comes complete with bolts and all to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk