HVAC Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

up4boating

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I just started having issues with my 2015 Ram 1500 Sport HVAC. It has the large screen, dual zone system. First it wouldn't switch to defrost. That changed to sometimes switching. I unhooked the battery and now it seems to switch to defrost or floor, most of the time, but never vent. Last night I noticed the heat wouldn't get very hot.
I have Alfa OBD but have not done any diagnostic stuff with it. Should I be able to diagnose this with Alfa? I'm guessing it's the control module but hate to spend $500+ if it isn't.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
U

up4boating

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I held the battery cables together for 30 seconds and tried again. Seemed to have more function but it was intermittent. Then I hooked up the Alfa OBD and had three codes. B11CB, B11C2 and B1058. I cleared them and they came right back. It seems unlikely that three components would fail at once. I’m still thinking HVAC control module. Thoughts?