I can’t find any specs on my truck with vin lookup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wyattearp01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
Hey guys new member here and I am having trouble finding build sheets on my pickup it’s a 2017 ram 1500 with the 5.7 HEMI and 4wd it’s the express model however I can’t find my trucks info on any vin lookups and the link to do a vin search that I see commonly doesn’t work for some reason, anyone have this issue or know what I can do to find a build sheet? And I haven’t tried a dealer yet I plan on calling tomorrow.

Kingzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

alexalex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What Carfax says? It will give you some information on a cars VIN for free. If you are looking for things like service records and such, I suggest that you use quickrevs . Pretty nice and precise service.

strauser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've tried all links in this post. None of them work. All I get from any site I've been to is...invalid vin. I even called Chrysler, gave my vin, guy says he'll email my build sheet, I get the email, it's a build sheet to a 98 jeep. I have a 2014 ram. I emailed the guy back and haven't heard back. That was 6 weeks ago. Extremely frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The links work every time for me, even when I look up build sheets for vehicles at the junkyard so I know what to expect when I get to the yard. You might be typing the VIN wrong. Maybe you are typing an "O" instead of a zero. Or an "I" instead of the number one. Any mistake in a VIN will yield that error.
If you message me using the "conversation" button with your VIN, I can try.

Last edited:

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Also try all caps, I've ran into that error using lower case letters in the VIN

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've tried all links in this post. None of them work. All I get from any site I've been to is...invalid vin. I even called Chrysler, gave my vin, guy says he'll email my build sheet, I get the email, it's a build sheet to a 98 jeep. I have a 2014 ram. I emailed the guy back and haven't heard back. That was 6 weeks ago. Extremely frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I got it to work, you had the 7th and 8th digits reversed. You had TK and it should have been KT. Try it yourself corrected, or message me your email address and I will send you the .pdf file of your build sheet.

Last edited: