I Gotta Ask...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Nice rig. What year and model is your TT?

2014 Skyline 26SS. 30ft. long, 1 slideout, 5375 lbs dry. As I said above, it's not mine. My fishing buddy bought it and we parked it on Corey lake in MI. Very good investment. We've pulled a lot of Bass and Pike out of that lake. My family and I love eating Pike.

1689624281484.png1689625400625.png

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2014 Skyline 26SS. 30ft. long, 1 slideout, 5375 lbs dry. As I said above, it's not mine. My fishing buddy bought it and we parked it on Corey lake in MI. Very good investment. We've pulled a lot of Bass and Pike out of that lake. My family and I love eating Pike.

View attachment 524846View attachment 524850
Very cool! I've been an avid bass fisherman all my life. Fished many, many tournaments up until just a few years ago when I moved to AR, then I couldn't find anyone who wanted to do it so it's been a while. Caught one pike one time 35 years ago in Saskatchewan, but it was kind of a fluke because I was up there waterfowl hunting and happened to borrow a rod and made about 3 casts off a dock. It was only about 12' long, though.

Those bass look well-fed.

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I bought a truck many years ago to tow my boat .. SUV's didn't cut it ... I sold my last boat 6 years ago and since owning a truck all this time it's a no brainer ... It's my daily driver and I have a box to haul when needed ... I have most of the bells and whistles and when we go on a trip it's comfortable, roomy and has the power to pass ... I always said when I retired I was going to buy a Cadillac, but I settled for the Cadillac of pickups ...
The Bass limit on Corey lake is only 10". We typically won't keep anything less than 14". I'd imagine that the Bass in AR are much larger.

Pike limit is 24". Again, there's not a lot of meat there. Pike are a pain to clean (y-bones) when they're small. We keep the 30"+ which are easier. The one in the picture is 37" and 13lbs. I actually let him go since it was early in the day and he was too large for the live well.

Local fisherman love when we pull pike out of the lake. They blame them for the decline in the Perch #'s.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Bass limit on Corey lake is only 10". We typically won't keep anything less than 14". I'd imagine that the Bass in AR are much larger.

Pike limit is 24". Again, there's not a lot of meat there. Pike are a pain to clean (y-bones) when they're small. We keep the 30"+ which are easier. The one in the picture is 37" and 13lbs. I actually let him go since it was early in the day and he was too large for the live well.

Local fisherman love when we pull pike out of the lake. They blame them for the decline in the Perch #'s.
Oh yeah, I've caught more bass in the 6+/pound range in the past several years than I caught in my entire life prior to moving here. I probably catch 200-300 bass a year, but I only keep 4 or 5 a few times each year when I'm looking to have a fish fry. My personal rule is to keep nothing less than 12", and nothing more than 2 pounds. Smaller than 12", there isn't any meat on them; larger than 2 pounds and that's breeding stock.

Attachments

• 0709_WaldronLake7lbs1.jpg
    0709_WaldronLake7lbs1.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 9
  • 07-12-Waldron_4.95#.jpg
    07-12-Waldron_4.95#.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201021_BlueMt6.JPG
    20201021_BlueMt6.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201105_BlueMountain3.jpg
    20201105_BlueMountain3.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 9

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
You're killing me with the 6+ lb bass. My record is 4lb and it fought harder than the 13lb pike above. Agree with all your size/weight limits. Good to keep the lake(s) healthy.

Now there was that fishing trip in Destin, FL. Another road trip in the truck. The Tuna was fantastic. Good thing we brought the 130qt cooler.

1689629703706.png

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You're killing me with the 6+ lb bass. My record is 4lb and it fought harder than the 13lb pike above. Agree with all your size/weight limits. Good to keep the lake(s) healthy.

Now there was that fishing trip in Destin, FL. Another road trip in the truck. The Tuna was fantastic. Good thing we brought the 130qt cooler.

View attachment 524860
I would pay a lot for a real good ocean trip again. The last time I went was out of San Diego with a buddy, like 15 years ago. It was a bust because the sea lions followed us all morning long, to the point where we just gave up and went back to port.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Since I'm not a NYer, I bought my truck to haul crap, carried all my stuff X-country ~3 times on PCS moves (and I mean Atlantic to Pacific), and in between....hauled rocks, dirt, mulch, hay, corn, feed etc becasue I've lved on farms or cattle ranches...so yeah I agree, drive what you want but if your wife drives your truck to look cool, I probably have dash cam video of me passing her and flipping her off...with your badass stickers on it!
Who's a NYer? I live in farm country, about as far away from NY as you can and still be in the continental U.S. LOL. No stickers on our truck, although rumor has it they add 10hp each. And if you flip her off when trying (and failing) to pass her she'll return the favor. :cheers:

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I would pay a lot for a real good ocean trip again. The last time I went was out of San Diego with a buddy, like 15 years ago. It was a bust because the sea lions followed us all morning long, to the point where we just gave up and went back to port.
Sea lions - that's a new one. Can't say I've had that problem. 5 days of fishing in Destin and the only "keepers" are what you see in the photo. We were extremely lucky to com across a school of tuna. Caught 2 within seconds of one another. Two days of catching red snapper - I love red snapper but it was out of season. Two days rained/stormed out.

We've fished lake Erie for years as well. Love it/hate it. Great Walleye fishing when it's good. When it's bad all you get are flies. But then it's fishing. It's all fun and you have stories that last forever...

Forgot - shout out to Captain Blake from the Frigate. He put us on the fish and they were all in season. Thanks again.

14DieselBedford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L Diesel
I bought my 2014 Ecodiesel to use as a contractor vehicle when I was installing radios for Bell Canada.
Would have bought an SUV but they didn't get the tax break and I'm not a van guy.

Still have it since the fall of 2014. Has hauled my off road camper since I bought the truck and it still does dump runs and moves firewood.

After Hurricane Fiona I hauled a 7k generator to 2 different friends houses for their use until they got their power back. That sucker's heavy.

It's not used much these days but it has a job this week to haul to the dump the remains of a tub surround refurb for the tenant.

The few mods were steering wheel radio controls, OEM dealer installed brake controller, cheap tonneau cover, spray in bed liner (gatorhyde, excellent product that has held up well to 9 years of abuse) and bug deflector on the hood.

It's a truck. Still stock runs great; there when you need it. (It's an SLT)
111,257 KM 69,132 Miles

Towed the Bell van from the ditch shortly after this pic was taken.

Trucks ; That's wht they're for? Towing your buddies' Bell van from the snowbank in sunny Nova Scotia....

Oh' and added OEM tow hooks after this incident.

We took the rest of the day off

Attachments

• IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 9

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my opinion the new age pickup is the most versatile vehicle on the road. An example I always think of is for instance if a family with kids could only have one vehicle a four door pickup would be the best choice over an automobile or an SUV. The reason would be with the pickup you can haul loads in the bed you can pull trailers, boats and campers you can haul the family you can go to the grocery store to get and haul groceries you can go on trips and Vacations with the family in comfort. These new trucks have most every comfort and convenience you can think of and are more roomy than nearly any automobile on the road. They are a pleasure to drive and just an all around versatile vehicle. Sure they are made for work but nowadays they are not just an old work truck to beat the crap out of and never wash polish or detail the inside. I remember the days when a pickup was a single cab no radio no heater no AC no power steering no power brakes with an inline six with three on the tree standard shift. Certainly not very luxurious or comfortable, these were work trucks and that was about all they were for. Things have certainly changed for the pickup truck!

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
right there with you. I bought a truck because that is what I like to drive. It is my daily to my IT job that pays my bills. Don't tow anything, but I do take stuff to dump, get crap from Lowes and do whatever it is I want with what I pay for. It is also the travel vehicle because it has a very large trunk

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Since I'm not a NYer, I bought my truck to haul crap, carried all my stuff X-country ~3 times on PCS moves (and I mean Atlantic to Pacific), and in between....hauled rocks, dirt, mulch, hay, corn, feed etc becasue I've lved on farms or cattle ranches...so yeah I agree, drive what you want but if your wife drives your truck to look cool, I probably have dash cam video of me passing her and flipping her off...with your badass stickers on it!
Well, I'm a NY'er in horse and farm country and my truck does all sorts of truck things. Where ya goin' with that, Tex?

RedCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We purchased our Ram to use and we sure do. We have towed a 3 horse living quarters trailer many miles off road with horses supplies and lots of water in AZ and Utah. I banged up the bed the 2nd trip pulling our gooseneck trailer off road. It’s not hard getting there but trying to turn around with your big boys in the trailer you worry about them more than the truck. We went way off road up a couple of tight banked S turns to get to this spot in Sedona. I don’t buy things not to use them for what they can do. We had a few people pass by slow and wonder how we got up there. IMG_0877.jpeg

gawconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know I'm old school, but who besides me bought their truck to use as an actual truck? You know, for hauling heavy stuff in the bed and towing a lot of weight behind them. That is the only reason for buying a truck, to haul and tow crap, IMO of course. And it's not just RAM. I see so many people paying large bucks for Chevys and Fords, then buying all these pretty bells and whistles - light bars, trim kits, etc. - and raising and lowering and tricking out their trucks, and yet they never take them off the asphalt. Then they take them through the car wash every week and wax them every month. If people want a show vehicle, they could spend a lot less and buy a Mustang or Charger.

I picked up my truck at the end of March. Since then I have swept out the inside about 3 times because I like to keep the interior relatively clean, and I took an actual wet rag to the outside once in May because the pollen was building up to the point I couldn't see out the windshield. Other than that, I haven't touched it cosmetically. I did add some real nice camo seat covers to it because the gray vinyl was boring, and I bought some Husky floor mats because it's easier than mopping off the rubber flooring. And I've dented the bed when I dropped a battery in there, and chipped some paint off the tailgate when I hit it with a 2x4. It's a truck, that's why I bought it.
I use my truck for work every day

Rambo71

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought mine to use as a daily driver utilitarian truck. It is an Express model with some additional factory options.
Ramboxes are always loaded with tools and gear.
Tow when it needs to tow
Haul when it needs to haul
Clean it when it gets dirty.
119,000 and still going strong and looking good.
I like to say "There's nothing that'll put a stupid grin on yer face faster than a Hemi on cool morning"!