I'm so pissed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Walked out to my truck after work yesterday and found this nice dent in my hood. Can't figure out how it happened, as I was parked in the spot head first (it's a covered parking structure). I'll I can think is some ******* facilities worker must have dropped something on it. I checked with security and there are no video cameras in the vicinity. I'm so pissed.

I finally replaced my dented bumper on Sunday (my kid did that one), and now this[emoji57]. Well it's now my oppertunity to get that sport hood I've been looking at.

2e01a2126478d9799f32e6c8311d33de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Another vote for paint-less dent repair. I have seen those guys work miracles for a fraction of the cost of standard auto body work. The hood being aluminum though may present challenges but I would still give the paint-less guys a call if it was me.

OP
OP
jettajam1

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another vote for paint-less dent repair. I have seen those guys work miracles for a fraction of the cost of standard auto body work. The hood being aluminum though may present challenges but I would still give the paint-less guys a call if it was me.

I was thinking that too, but the paint is separated from the hood and cracked. So even if I did come come out, it would want the whole hood to get painted.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I was thinking that too, but the paint is separated from the hood and cracked. So even if I did come come out, it would want the whole hood to get painted.

Well that sucks.

OP
OP
jettajam1

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have that same exact dent in the same exact spot.... we gotta catch this guy

That's crazy, because I had that dent on my 2005 Ram too, but it was caused by a golf ball impact....weird

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I had a dent in a much worse place on a Tahoe years ago, and the paintless dent removal guy did such a good job even I had to look for it. I'd guess that's an easy fix. It still SUCKS that it happened in the first place.

OP
OP
jettajam1

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a golf ball crater above my door as well hahaha, I spend all day at the course

I play quite a bit and always try and park in an area where it would be impossible to get hit.....and some hack will eventually defy physics and hit it right where I'm parked[emoji15]

OP
OP
jettajam1

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a dent in a much worse place on a Tahoe years ago, and the paintless dent removal guy did such a good job even I had to look for it. I'd guess that's an easy fix. It still SUCKS that it happened in the first place.

Yeah, agree, those dudes can work some magic. Unfortunately, the paint is cracked and separated around mine.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry to see that, man. That really sucks especially since you just got your bumper fixed. Like you said though, could be a way to get that sport hood you've been wanting. :) Always try to look at the positive side of things. :waytogo:

Adam

OP
OP
jettajam1

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to see that, man. That really sucks especially since you just got your bumper fixed. Like you said though, could be a way to get that sport hood you've been wanting. :) Always try to look at the positive side of things. :waytogo:

Adam

Thanks man.....sport hood, hear I come. Now I'm kinda pumped.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have a dent around the same spot on the other side. It was there when I bought the truck. I knew about but it didn't bother me. Still haven't got hit fixed. lol

These Aluminum hoods are light but they are not strong.

Last edited:

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Sorry for you, man. Like someone said, before, it looks EXACTLY like a golf ball hit it.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I left my truck over night in a WM parking lot last Thursday so I could take it to the dealer Friday morning. Saturday I discovered a smaller than that ding on the front of my hood over the latch area.
Unfricking believable!!!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I left my truck over night in a WM parking lot last Thursday so I could take it to the dealer Friday morning. Saturday I discovered a smaller than that ding on the front of my hood over the latch area.
Unfricking believable!!!

****, I hate leaving my truck in walmart even if I'm only going to be 5 minutes.

OP
OP
jettajam1

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just don't get it. We're all so careful with our trucks, take good care of them, only to have some nutlicker who doesn't give a rats ass, park right up on ya, slam his door into ya, or even worse, back into ya.....it's infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk