Increase Blower Airflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frazier1540

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 SLT crew cab with 6.7L diesel engine. The ac blower on high does not appear to have enough flow of air. After a long period of time the cabin will get cool off. Is there a way to increase air speed? I had a 2014 Ram 1500 Lonestar Hemi V8 that would blow a significant amount of air into the cabin.
Thanks,
Roger

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did your 2014 have a cabin air filter? Pretty sure your 2018 has one, and it'll slow down the air coming in. You might need to clean it out or replace it.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a decade old 1500, and when searching they said the things to check are the blower motor which on 1500s at least was super easy to drop and clean out as needed and make sure its spinning freely, then there's a little resistor towards the driver's side that can fail that controls speed, and then if equipped above the blower motor (all of this behind the glove box, lots of youtube videos) there's a cabin air filter that of course as mentioned can be clogged.