Incredibly Horrible Electronics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swordfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 Liter
2019 RAM Rebel, 16,000 km's. This truck has the worst electronics of any vehicle I have owned in over 45 years. My 8.4" screen locks up constantly, won't even shut off when I turn off the truck. Takes about a half hour after turning off truck for it to finally shut down. Uconnect remote features have worked 3 times in the one year I owned the truck. No Sirius, I am not interested in buying this service!! Wireless internet will not activate 60% of the time. I have to go into settings, select wireless, unselect wireless internet, reselect it and then it activates. Very annoying. Now my interior front lights won't come on, manually or automatically. Yes I have tried the dimmer dials and nothing helps. Interior back lights do come on when I open the door. I took my truck to the dealer and it came back exactly how I left it. Not one thing was fixed. They told me the remote functions worked fine in their tests. Yes it does work if you drive the truck and then try it immediately but try it again in one hour after parking the truck. I told them that and they said it was the first they heard of this issue. They told me the light issue would have to be diagnosed over a longer period, they had no idea why it didn't work.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
2019 RAM Rebel, 16,000 km's. This truck has the worst electronics of any vehicle I have owned in over 45 years. My 8.4" screen locks up constantly, won't even shut off when I turn off the truck. Takes about a half hour after turning off truck for it to finally shut down. Uconnect remote features have worked 3 times in the one year I owned the truck. No Sirius, I am not interested in buying this service!! Wireless internet will not activate 60% of the time. I have to go into settings, select wireless, unselect wireless internet, reselect it and then it activates. Very annoying. Now my interior front lights won't come on, manually or automatically. Yes I have tried the dimmer dials and nothing helps. Interior back lights do come on when I open the door. I took my truck to the dealer and it came back exactly how I left it. Not one thing was fixed. They told me the remote functions worked fine in their tests. Yes it does work if you drive the truck and then try it immediately but try it again in one hour after parking the truck. I told them that and they said it was the first they heard of this issue. They told me the light issue would have to be diagnosed over a longer period, they had no idea why it didn't work.

Hi Swordfish,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. If you continue to work with your dealer to address this, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye