Infinity basslink powered 8" subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've recently upgraded all of my stock speakers with infinity and added sound mat. I'm highly impressed with the improvement but I can't help but want more. I got to looking around on crutchfield and found the Infinity basslink
g108BASSLSM-o_angle4.jpg

Anybody have any experience with this or similar powered sub units? I'm not looking for teeth rattling bass, just enough to allow me to feel the rumble and deep bass when I want. I'm a country music guy, not much rap, but I'd like for people to know there is a sub there.

Would this give me what I want or leave me wanting more. I could probably have an amp, sub, and box professionally installed for about $400 more.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I've recently upgraded all of my stock speakers with infinity and added sound mat. I'm highly impressed with the improvement but I can't help but want more. I got to looking around on crutchfield and found the Infinity basslink

Anybody have any experience with this or similar powered sub units? I'm not looking for teeth rattling bass, just enough to allow me to feel the rumble and deep bass when I want. I'm a country music guy, not much rap, but I'd like for people to know there is a sub there.

Would this give me what I want or leave me wanting more. I could probably have an amp, sub, and box professionally installed for about $400 more.

I've got the Rockville USS8, a similar type unit. It does the job you are asking. Nice deep bass, not teeth rattling, but I can feel it in my seat and also the outside mirrors are a jigglin'. You do hear bass notes you'd never hear without it. Definitely know there is a sub in the truck.

I would maybe look for another unit besides this Infinity since the user manual (available at the Amazon listing) says it's frequency response is 35 hz to 125 hz. You're going to want one that gets lower than 35 hz.

Also, make sure it will fit where you plan on installing it. Most like to put it under the seat--if it will fit. Whatever unit you decide to get, you might want to make a cardboard mock-up the same size as the subwoofer/amp unit just to be sure it will fit. I did this by cutting down a shipping box I got from an Amazon shipment to the appropriate size.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JL Audio makes some really nice powered sub enclosures. I’d check them out as JL makes some of the best subs out there.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've got the Rockville USS8, a similar type unit. It does the job you are asking. Nice deep bass, not teeth rattling, but I can feel it in my seat and also the outside mirrors are a jigglin'. You do hear bass notes you'd never hear without it. Definitely know there is a sub in the truck.

I would maybe look for another unit besides this Infinity since the user manual (available at the Amazon listing) says it's frequency response is 35 hz to 125 hz. You're going to want one that gets lower than 35 hz.

Also, make sure it will fit where you plan on installing it. Most like to put it under the seat--if it will fit. Whatever unit you decide to get, you might want to make a cardboard mock-up the same size as the subwoofer/amp unit just to be sure it will fit. I did this by cutting down a shipping box I got from an Amazon shipment to the appropriate size.
Thanks.for the info. I'm in no hurry really so I'll wait and see what kicker relases

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Dumb question....what is CES?
Consumer Electronics Show

If it's 12v or plugs into an outlet, it's shown here.

Biggest Electronics show in the US

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think I'm gonna pick up the new Kicker HS10 as soon as it's available at my local shop. Having never done any audio work other than plug and play door/dash speakers, I'll probably just pay to have them install it. Any idea what I should expect to pay for the install?

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I think I'm gonna pick up the new Kicker HS10 as soon as it's available at my local shop. Having never done any audio work other than plug and play door/dash speakers, I'll probably just pay to have them install it. Any idea what I should expect to pay for the install?
I paid $105 at Best Buy to have them install my Rockville powered sub.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Ok....ok......I can live with that. How do you like the smaller powered subs?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Did you have it mounted under a seat or on back wall??

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm also interested in how it would work mounted to the back wall. There is plenty of space there but my fear is that the carpeted "pad" would vibrate too much.