Infinity basslink powered 8" subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
So the hs10 response gets to 25hz, but will your factory deck?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I totally respect and support that. I don't want you to have high expectations for low end response and be disappointed. I suspect the factory deck has a really sharp crossover at 30hz and you may not hear or feel rather the full potential of that sub.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I totally respect and support that. I don't want you to have high expectations for low end response and be disappointed. I suspect the factory deck has a really sharp crossover at 30hz and you may not hear or feel rather the full potential of that sub.
I don't have very high expectations for this type of sub. I'm at that point in my life where I don't want to "bump". Buuuuut......once in a while it's fun to crank up some Tupac, Bone thugs, or 3six mafia and relive my glory days. I'm incredibly happy with the infinity door and dash speakers that I upgraded. It's suits me just fine for what I listen to 99% of the time. I'm just hoping for a more well rounded and customizable setup

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
POINTMAN380 said:
Ok....ok......I can live with that. How do you like the smaller powered subs?

Does a very good job of filling in the low frequencies. Brings an added dimension to the music as if you are hearing the whole song, not just the notes above 50 Hz or so. Does not give you THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, but does vibrate the seat and outside mirrors.

Did you have it mounted under a seat or on back wall??

It's on the back wall. I did the tilting back seat mod before I had Best Buy install it.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does a very good job of filling in the low frequencies. Brings an added dimension to the music as if you are hearing the whole song, not just the notes above 50 Hz or so. Does not give you THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, but does vibrate the seat and outside mirrors.

It's on the back wall. I did the tilting back seat mod before I had Best Buy install it.
Do you get any vibration or rattle from the fiber board on the back wall?

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I run 2 bazookas in mine. Both are 100 watt 6". Love them. I'm not one to sit and critique sound....I just know mine sounds good enough for me. Plenty of base. I don't listen to bump bump stuff anyhow...I just wanted something to fill in the lows. They do the trick.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Do you get any vibration or rattle from the fiber board on the back wall?

No, I do not. If I remember correctly the installer glued a 3/8" thick piece of board to the steel back wall of the cab, behind the fiberboard. Then he used long screws to mount the sub/amp unit to the board.

Here's a pic:

Rockville-Installed1a.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just saw they are coming out with the hs10 Hideaway. So what do you think of it, have you heard it yet???
waaay more bass than 11HS8, can use same harness for someone that already has an 11HS8, unplug, and replug.

Dealers are ordering now.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
waaay more bass than 11HS8, can use same harness for someone that already has an 11HS8, unplug, and replug.

Dealers are ordering now.
So would this be a viable replacement for the anemic sub on the Alpine systems?

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is using the factory's subs wiring for signal and a separate power/ground lead?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
This is using the factory's subs wiring for signal and a separate power/ground lead?
signal can come from radio, or rear door speaker, then ground, and 12v to battery.

OP
OP
POINTMAN380

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any idea where i could install the hs10 in a 2016 dodge ram crew cab?
I don't have one yet, but I plan to mount mine under the passenger seat (non electric adjust). If it won't fit there (pretty sure it will) then it's going on the back wall.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup under the seat, or one side in cubby easy