Infinity Reference REF-9633ix, Kicker 47KSC69304 or Rockford Fosgate T1693 for upgrading base 6 speaker system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BJSforVols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for some help in making a speaker decision. I have a new to me 2019 Ram with the base 6 speaker system. I'd like to upgrade the audio system since I had the Alpine system in my 2017 Ram and this base system is definitely a step backwards from that system. (I didn't think the sound system was all that important to me any more until hearing the significantly less desirable sound from this base 6 speaker system.) I have done a lot of research on the forum and think I understand what all I need to do to install an amp, sub, and new speakers. (I used to install systems regularly back before the head units were so critical to the functions of the vehicle.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of these 3 6x9 speaker options: Infinity Reference REF-9633ix, Kicker 47KSC69304 or Rockford Fosgate T1693? I think I have narrowed my door speaker upgrades down to these three but am having trouble deciding between the three. Anyone compared these and have input as to which would be a better option for upgrading my Ram?

razorhead68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the infinity in my previous truck and loved them. I have not had good experiences with RF 6.5 in the past fwiw.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Kenwood Excelons components kill those speakers. You really don’t want a 2 or 3 way in the lower doors, esp the front doors, rears are ok as they are just fill. Your sound stage should be front and center. I installed them in my truck with Kicker Key 200.4 amp under the dash set to bi-amp mode. Ran new wires to the dash and used existing for the doors. Kil mat the doors, acoustic rings on face of speakers with an acoustic pad on door behind speaker. Installed Kicker 2-ways in rear doors powered off the head unit, same acoustic treatment. I will be installing a fox box, sub and Kicker 500.1 this spring. The system absolutely cranks and kills the Alpine system with it’s sub off. Once my sub is in it will lay waste to the Alpine.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Looking for some help in making a speaker decision. I have a new to me 2019 Ram with the base 6 speaker system. I'd like to upgrade the audio system since I had the Alpine system in my 2017 Ram and this base system is definitely a step backwards from that system. (I didn't think the sound system was all that important to me any more until hearing the significantly less desirable sound from this base 6 speaker system.) I have done a lot of research on the forum and think I understand what all I need to do to install an amp, sub, and new speakers. (I used to install systems regularly back before the head units were so critical to the functions of the vehicle.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of these 3 6x9 speaker options: Infinity Reference REF-9633ix, Kicker 47KSC69304 or Rockford Fosgate T1693? I think I have narrowed my door speaker upgrades down to these three but am having trouble deciding between the three. Anyone compared these and have input as to which would be a better option for upgrading my Ram?
Infinity if you don’t plan on adding an amplifier. They respond better to the low power. The rockford and kickers do want 50+ watts rms

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BJSforVols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Infinity if you don’t plan on adding an amplifier. They respond better to the low power. The rockfish and kickers do not they want 50+ watts rms
Will the infinity speakers still perform well with an amp? I do plan to add an amp in time.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Will the infinity speakers still perform well with an amp? I do plan to add an amp in time.
The infinity reference do. The infinity kappa are the low watt speakers. Depending on your budget if an amp is in the future I would do 2 different speakers.

OP
OP
B

BJSforVols

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The infinity reference do. The infinity kappa are the low watt speakers. Depending on your budget if an amp is in the future I would do 2 different speakers.
Which two would you do? What about the 2 dash 3 1/2” speakers? Everyone has a budget, but let’s assume the budget will not limit my speaker choices as long as a set of speakers can be bought for $400 or less.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Which two would you do? What about the 2 dash 3 1/2” speakers? Everyone has a budget, but let’s assume the budget will not limit my speaker choices as long as a set of speakers can be bought for $400 or less.
I put focal speakers in my truck.

WVengineer_n_Pa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I broke the dash 3.5 away from the front door and used the ref-3032's there, they fill in the high-mids nicely up there. In the front doors, i used a primus 6510 set, with the tweeters installed in the mirror flags, really like the sound of these ones. Between the 3.5's and the tweeters brought up thee high/mids to fix the staging with descent bass from the 6.5 sub. used the ref-9623 in the rear doors. These sound great, with great bass, but i'm not fond of the highs staging, even in the back it feels like an empty space in the sound, so gonna upgrade these later down the road. last is 2 shallow mount ref-10's under the backseat in unfinished boxes as i see what airspace i can get out of there. Like sandman said above, highs down low kinda sucks, and 4/6 speakers are low in our vehicles. So i would recommend going with the component sets so you can bring the high's up vertically a little.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the Kicker 47KSC69304 and they sound fantastic. I would strongly recommend using the Kilmat 50 Mil. sound deadening mat. It makes the world of difference in my opinion. Its only like $50 on Amazon

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
I did this:

2x Infinity Reference 3 1/2 "tweeters" in the dash
2x 5 1/4 Infinity Reference speakers in the doors
2x 6/12 Infinity Reference speakers in the B pillars
1x 1600W Infinity Kappa One amp
2x 12 inch Fosgate P3D4's

With proper tuning of the amp my setup not only sounds great but bumps like I like it. I 100% have zero regrets about the money spent or how it sounds.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I put the Kenwood Excelons in my 6-speaker Tradesman and it made a world of difference. I don't like the "soundstage" effect where everything comes from in front of you. I prefer a more surround sound where it feels like you are in the middle. Highly recommend the Kenwoods. In my new Bighorn with the 9-speaker Alpine i used some Infinity Reference in the dash and rear door. Whatever you choose, it will make a massive difference over the crap OEM speakers.

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Infinity if you don’t plan on adding an amplifier. They respond better to the low power. The rockford and kickers do want 50+ watts rms
Perfectly said. I first went with Kickers and they sounded really good. After reading posts on this Forum, a month later I swapped all 6 speakers with Infinity Reference and it was the best choice I could make. Now when I throw in an amp, I will try out the Fosgates for sure.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Perfectly said. I first went with Kickers and they sounded really good. After reading posts on this Forum, a month later I swapped all 6 speakers with Infinity Reference and it was the best choice I could make. Now when I throw in an amp, I will try out the Fosgates for sure.
I put four 6.5" Fosgates in my boat to replace the stock generic speakers...holy moley what a difference! I was planning to get an amp and a 10" sub installed, but these Fosgates are plenty loud and bump like crazy. Not sure if they make them in 6X9 that fit Ram though...

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put four 6.5" Fosgates in my boat to replace the stock generic speakers...holy moley what a difference! I was planning to get an amp and a 10" sub installed, but these Fosgates are plenty loud and bump like crazy. Not sure if they make them in 6X9 that fit Ram though...
I can use a 6.5" adapter for the 6x9 hole...whats the Model# of the Fosgates you use?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the Kickers in my 2018 CC. Used KSS269 components in the front doors and dash and KSC6904 in the rear doors. Used factory wiring for the front doors and ran new wiring to the dash speakers so I could run a Kicker Key 180 amp in bi-amp mode for the front four speakers and run the rear doors off the head unit. Also used the NetAudio bypass harness to eliminate cutting the factory harness. The sound is outstanding without a sub because the front door speakers are actually mid woofers. The Key amp is small, requires minimal power draw and is easily mounted under the dash. The Kickers required no cutting and come with adapters to fit the 2.75 dash speakers in the 3.5 opening.

Superslow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes. I have all Infinity Reference in my truck running them off a JX400.4 Amp.
After two weeks of running these Infinity's I am pulling them out. I have the 6x9 in the door, a tweeter in my sail panel and the 3.5 in dash corner. They sound great but when you crank them up they get very bright. Too bright for me. this was only on 70 watts.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can listen to comparisons on Crutchfield. Use your headphones or buds to hear the difference.

Everybody's ears seems to be different and to me , Rockford Fosgates were in the running for me too but Infinity's and JBLs were better. Wasn't real impressed with the Kickers.
Was considering Memphis speakers but they didn't have a 6x9 that fit my truck.