Installed home link. Cant get it to work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JayTee82

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And pin position 2 is the lin bus? For the Homelink at the green connector?

If so, I’ve been looking for this for three years....
Yup, thats it. it'll be a orange with a purple strip wire.

OP
OP
JayTee82

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That should be it’s own separate 2 position connector. What do you have it hooked up to?

2HXKo68.jpg

NUeyL6n.jpg
Any chance you can find the pin out for that connector. Im gonna need to make a extended harness to reach down there at some point when i upgrade my back window too. I think i might just cut my connector in the truck since its only one wire in it. Extend that wire and then add the pins and wires i need for the slider motor.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any chance you can find the pin out for that connector. Im gonna need to make a extended harness to reach down there at some point when i upgrade my back window too. I think i might just cut my connector in the truck since its only one wire in it. Extend that wire and then add the pins and wires i need for the slider motor.
Male pins, body side-
9Zge5or.jpg

OP
OP
JayTee82

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Male pins, body side-
9Zge5or.jpg
Is power backlite the rear window? I think so, It shows - and + like it reverses polarity for a window motor. Probably need that "Fused B+" too for the window. I hate to keep bothing you. Can you find schematics too rear slider window?

OP
OP
JayTee82

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool! So looks like i just need to run wiring for 1,8 and 7. My ground and fused ignition are on the left side connector. Any idea where i might be able to purchase terminals? I assume you work for Ram since you have all these schematics.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cool! So looks like i just need to run wiring for 1,8 and 7. My ground and fused ignition are on the left side connector. Any idea where i might be able to purchase terminals? I assume you work for Ram since you have all these schematics.
No, don’t work for ram. I have a subscription to the service manual.

These terminals are specifically for the 14 pin connector I have pictured above, and it’s mating connector. All the connectors throughout the truck are made by various manufacturers with different terminal sizes, so it’s important to be specific which connectors you’re referring to. Yazaki 7114-4101-02 are the small male terminals for the body side connector. 7114-4111-02 are the large male terminals for the body side connector.

Yazaki 7116-4101-02 are the small female terminals for the headliner side connector. 7116-4111-02 are the large female terminals for the headliner side connector. You can buy them here- https://www.kaodtech.com/connectors-and-terminals These are sold by our member DeereGuy, who also builds harnesses for factory mods like what you’re doing.

OP
OP
JayTee82

JayTee82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, don’t work for ram. I have a subscription to the service manual.

These terminals are specifically for the 14 pin connector I have pictured above, and it’s mating connector. All the connectors throughout the truck are made by various manufacturers with different terminal sizes, so it’s important to be specific which connectors you’re referring to. Yazaki 7114-4101-02 are the small male terminals for the body side connector. 7114-4111-02 are the large male terminals for the body side connector.

Yazaki 7116-4101-02 are the small female terminals for the headliner side connector. 7116-4111-02 are the large female terminals for the headliner side connector. You can buy them here- https://www.kaodtech.com/connectors-and-terminals These are sold by our member DeereGuy, who also builds harnesses for factory mods like what you’re doing.

Thanks Jimmy! I ordered some male terminals for that connector assy.
I really appreciate your help. I should have everything i need to wire it up now.
I'm going too pre wire the window switch while i'm up in the headliner so all i have to do is hook up the window motor once i get it installed.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have always had Homelink stop working after a short while don't even bother with it anymore.