Installed new Fuel injectors now i have Hydraulic cylinder lock!!!...HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slider11111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Automatic 5.7 Gas. I had a loud ticking. I thought it was an exhaust leak. I checked the bolts they were tight. I just installed new exhaust manifold gaskets a month ago. I checked the Fuel Injectors I unplugged the #7 Fuel Injector plug and the load ticking stopped. I plugged it back in and it ticked. I unplugged it again and it stopped. I ordered a set of New Fuel injectors and then installed them. I turned the Key on and cranked it. The motor started but ran like Shat and I turned it off? I turned the Key on again to start it and the Starter Clunked? The Motor would not spin. It turned out the #5 cylinder was full of Gas? I have to remove the spark plug and then crank the motor and the Gas comes out and the motor spins freely. I pull out the spark plug and crank it and the same thing happens? I ordered one New Fuel Injector and installed it in the #5 Cylinder thinking it was stuck open but the New injector also fills the cylinder with gas and Hydrolocks the Motor?..................HELP

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You got more problems, Besides clogged injectors, how's your o2 sensors, upstream and downstream for the convertors, and how's the MAP sensor that detects outside air temp, it needs to be plugged into a diagnostic scanner before you go any further, If you haven't already seized up your engine block, fuel in the cylinder, fuel in the crankcase, Mayday, Mayday.

OP
OP
S

slider11111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The shop changed the #7 fuel injector. Also the Cat was plugged from excessive Fuel in the cylinder. So I guess TWO of my BRAND NEW Fuel Injectors were stuck open.

Hero6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What brand of injectors did you use? Just want to know so I don't buy them.

OP
OP
S

slider11111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Standard. They were the Brand originally installed!!!

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe you got some Chinese knockoffs ,I’ve heard they are flooding the market with fakes, that appear to be pretty good look alike. I wonder where these were purchased from?