Installing delete pipe while vehicle under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longhauler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Does anyone have experience with dealing with warranty work after installing a programmer and off road pipe and if so how did it turn out. My local dealership says they will cover the vehicle if it breaks, but they said they can't talk for other dealerships that if I'm out on the road and break down they may or may not cover it due do my mods.

Thanks for any info you can provide

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
from what i understand your truck will be under warranty unless the aftermarket part caused something to break. like if your air conditioning broke they cant blame it on having a aftermarket exhaust.

OP
OP
L

Longhauler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
from what i understand your truck will be under warranty unless the aftermarket part caused something to break. like if your air conditioning broke they cant blame it on having a aftermarket exhaust.

So if the engine blows up or trans go out then I might be in trouble if I'm not by my local dealership to get fixed.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
It's a crap shoot! If you're worried about warranty, I wouldn't do it. If you'd like more power tune away! As for exhaust... I'd have at it. Tunes can get you in trouble!! That being said, I tuned my G8 with MUCH of the warranty left.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
longhauler, it isn't the dealerships call on covering parts under warranty. Chrysler is be very diligent when it comes to warranty issues. Once you put the programmer on it is tracked in the ECM as a flash, and they can see how many times your ECM has been flashed, causing a red flag. From there it depends on the issue, ECM issue your footing the bill. Transmission blown, probably on your dime, unless it is from a truly defective part. Blown head gasket, your bill. As stated above AC stops working Chrysler should cover. That being said, putting HID's could void the warranty if they can show that it caused the power management computer to go out. So you have to be careful on what you do, and as they say you pay to play. With all that being said it is always the manufacturer's burden to prove, but do you want to go to court and admit to violating federal law. Transmission is cheap compared to an EPA fine that would surely follow.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I your engine blows then the warranty work woul have to be approved by ram and/or cummins your dealership wouldnt have much say unless they are going to foot the bill

Sensors and random stuff like that they can slip by if they are willing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93