Installing Pedal commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Hi all, I'm getting a 2021 1500 limited ecodiesel. I want to install a pedal commander. Had one on my 2018 and it made a big difference. I want to ask, can anyone tell me how to remove the dash panel below the steering wheel so I can access the area where the top of the accelerator pedal is and also find a place to tie wrap the pedal commander unit up in there.

I would appreciate any help, I dont want to damage the panel, and I can get up under there because my back is all fused with rods and screws.

Thanks!!:Caffeine:

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Watch this for tips...very easy to remove once you see how it is done:

Too bad you’re not in Texas as I’d be willing to install it for free given your back issues. Anything to help a fellow Ram owner...

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Two screws on the bottom lip. Remove those. Pull panel gently. You’ll have to remove the temp sensor wire and hood release before panel will come all the way out.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I just put a pedal monster from banks in my 3500 and didnt have to remove any panels. Yes it s a little tight up there but only took 10 minutes to do the entire thing.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just put a pedal monster from banks in my 3500 and didnt have to remove any panels. Yes it s a little tight up there but only took 10 minutes to do the entire thing.
I don't remember removing that panel when I installed mine in my 2020 Laramie 1500. But then again, I seem to be forgetting more things as I get older, so I might have just lied to you LOL

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You shouldn't need to remove the panel. I have installed a bunch of them by just reaching under there. In fact the 1st one I installed I did one handed while taking a video with my phone.

jdradman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
Hi all, I'm getting a 2021 1500 limited ecodiesel. I want to install a pedal commander. Had one on my 2018 and it made a big difference. I want to ask, can anyone tell me how to remove the dash panel below the steering wheel so I can access the area where the top of the accelerator pedal is and also find a place to tie wrap the pedal commander unit up in there.

I would appreciate any help, I dont want to damage the panel, and I can get up under there because my back is all fused with rods and screws.

Thanks!!:Caffeine:

Might consider Banks Performance "Pedal Monster". They have a comparison video that I found interesting...
https://www.bankspower.com/search.html?#!year=2020||make=RAM||model=1500||submodel=3.0L DIESEL

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all just got a new 2020 Limited and traded in a 2018 Longhorn with P31 Pedal Commander that of course I removed before I traded. My question is, is it possible to still used the P31 on the 2020. I would hate to spend another $300 for another upgraded product just because it has Bluetooth.
Tried calling and emailing Pedal Commander with no luck, terrible customer service.
Thank you

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Hi all just got a new 2020 Limited and traded in a 2018 Longhorn with P31 Pedal Commander that of course I removed before I traded. My question is, is it possible to still used the P31 on the 2020. I would hate to spend another $300 for another upgraded product just because it has Bluetooth.
Tried calling and emailing Pedal Commander with no luck, terrible customer service.
Thank you
Their website says PC78 for 2019+ Rams.

TonyBop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just heard back from Larry Sartore of Pedal Commander, it sounds like good news but I have to first go under the dash and pull apart plug to compare. If it doesn't fit I will be selling my P 31 to buy the P 78.

Tony,

If the plugs are the same then you are good to go....

Warm Regards,

Larry Sartore

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Just heard back from Larry Sartore of Pedal Commander, it sounds like good news but I have to first go under the dash and pull apart plug to compare.

Tony,

If the plugs are the same then you are good to go....

Warm Regards,

Larry Sartore
Cool, if it works let us know.