Insurance premiums

Cost of insurance every 6 months ram trucks

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, simple solution ... quit, fully retire and enjoy life.
BOIRD is retired, but my insurance is still $200 a month on truck, BUT to be fair, I am maxed out on coverages. No way, in a state like TX, would I not carry full on everything.

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
Well you do not have a choice for me! Mine is home and autos (there are two on this policy- 16 Ram and 00 Buick) combined! I do a nice job on the house portion, the vehicles get ONLY what is required to operate them -by law! Buick ( our chit box) $443 a year. 16 Ram replaces a 02 Dakota- which saw every winter from 2002 -2022. Ram will never see one. $406 a year. I haven't "bent anything in 40+ years. If I bend it, it is my fault and the fix will be far less than the cost to add collision! If they are at fault THEY PAY!

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Well you do not have a choice for me! Mine is home and autos (there are two on this policy- 16 Ram and 00 Buick) combined! I do a nice job on the house portion, the vehicles get ONLY what is required to operate them -by law! Buick ( our chit box) $443 a year. 16 Ram replaces a 02 Dakota- which saw every winter from 2002 -2022. Ram will never see one. $406 a year. I haven't "bent anything in 40+ years. If I bend it, it is my fault and the fix will be far less than the cost to add collision! If they are at fault THEY PAY!
Trying to keep my new ram out of the salt and slush on the bad winter days. That’s why I kept my loyal old Tahoe. Just a lot of money to be a street ordimant most of the summer

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Allstate.

Never would I use Allstate for insurance.

Allstate was the first insurance provider that I had forty years ago. I used them because that was the insurance company/agent that my father used for many years.

Short story, I went to the Allstate office so that we could go over my insurance coverage do to an extreme increase with my six months policy. I hadn't any tickets/accidents and was wanting an explanation on the increase.

I walked into the office and asked the receptionist to speak to my insurance agent. She said, whatever you have to discuss, I can help you. I told her thanks, but I'd rather speak with my agent. She said again that she would be able to help me and wanted me to follow her into a side office beside my agents fully decorated office with the executive office works and with a thin layer of dust on everything. It looked unoccupied for some time.
Anyhow, even after still being persistent on speaking to my agent, she finally told me he had passed ten years earlier ... he was dead ... his name was on my insurance policy the whole time I used Allstate, but wasn't around to conduct business.

I told the receptionist that I was cancelling my insurance on the spot and for Allstate to reimburse me for my unused portion.

Allstate, lol.

Last edited:

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
My Dakota was my winter vehicle here in the NE as my motorcycle got put up in the snow and slush. And from March 15 to Dec 15th the bike was my transportation rain or shine.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have State Farm paying 170 a month, for my 2019 Ram and a 1991 Buick lesabre 500 deductible for collision, increased my uninsured motorist amount to 300,000 because of the crazy drivers here and from the southern border, no accidents or infractions, it's been going up steady each year, it's not going to stop.

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Base on how sue happy people are no way in he ll would I carry state minimum insurance coverage and risk losing my home if god forbid I caused an accident... I now carry a minimum of 500K coverage for under insured to protect my self if I'm hit by an underinsured driver like my daughter was 4 years ago & who thought she had great coverage with 100K for under insured drivers, come to find out even her 100K coverage & what the drive who caused a 5 car pile up had was just enough to cover the bills & her lawyer, she had to sue her own insurance company (Safeco) it left her with a little left over for the cost of her life time head injury & PTSD....

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have State Farm paying 170 a month, for my 2019 Ram and a 1991 Buick lesabre 500 deductible for collision, increased my uninsured motorist amount to 300,000 because of the crazy drivers here and from the southern border, no accidents or infractions, it's been going up steady each year, it's not going to stop.
State Farm quoted me almost the same as Allstate, was hoping they would be different!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Base on how sue happy people are no way in he ll would I carry state minimum insurance coverage and risk losing my home if god forbid I caused an accident... I now carry a minimum of 500K coverage for under insured to protect my self if I'm hit by an underinsured driver like my daughter was 4 years ago & who thought she had great coverage with 100K for under insured drivers, come to find out even her 100K coverage & what the drive who caused a 5 car pile up had was just enough to cover the bills & her lawyer, she had to sue her own insurance company (Safeco) it left her with a little left over for the cost of her life time head injury & PTSD....
Sue happy, that's a mouthful. You cannot go a day watching TV without seeing multiple ads from "Lawyers", PPL suing for everything: From whateva Medical Malady, to Traffic Accident Stuff: I always get a kick out of the clowns whom do the Hit by a Big Rig Commercials: Call me, we sue, make hundreds of thousands. Maybe the lawyers allegedly do, but not the participant, lol. All IMHO.

ADDED: 06: Sorry to hear ref yer daughter but wat U said is soooo true on incidents where there are viable reasons to get legal stuff done. NE body not carrying a lot of insurance on their vehicles, well, U know. But each should do whateva they think is good for them.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
in NY with a clean record currently paying $668 every 6 months
I'm also in rural NY and pay about the same. I have full coverage, towing, glass, etc, and a low deductible, but my Ram is only a 2011 with 80,000 miles. It seems that's just the way it is here. I have USAA insurance because I'm a veteran, and they were cheaper than everyone else with similar coverage. I could lower it some if I lowered coverage though.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm also in rural NY and pay about the same. I have full coverage, towing, glass, etc, and a low deductible, but my Ram is only a 2011 with 80,000 miles. It seems that's just the way it is here. I have USAA insurance because I'm a veteran, and they were cheaper than everyone else with similar coverage. I could lower it some if I lowered coverage though.
Thank you for your service! Seems like high prices are just a NY thing in every area.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have full coverage and comprehensive with $200 ded. Liability $500,000.
I pay about $1200 here in NC.
That is 1/2 of what I paid back in NJ for exact same coverages.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
In Washington State most insurance rates are mandated by the state (think hidden tax revenue) . . . . .then discuss with your insurance provider!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Assuming your "271" monthly is in CAD$ your rate isn't really that much different to most with the same type of coverage.

ghostnumberone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
Everything is expensive these days but insurance is getting crazy for good drivers, in NY with a clean record currently paying $668 every 6 months and that is with multiple policies bundled with Allstate, a 2022 ram classic tradesman crew cab standard box 4x4 5.7L curious if other states are going nuts as well. My Tahoe that gets driven 2,000 miles a year in the winter is about $45 less. FULL COVERAGE.
Get a liability umbrella policy of 1Million for less than $250 per year and lower your liability limits on your car ins as low possible.

Rowdy Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AAA seems to be cheaper. We have had them for close to 7 years. We price check anytime ours goes up. No one comes close.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
When I purchased my 2019 3500 Laramie dually new in Jan 2020, full coverage 6 month premium was $450. I have a clean driving record and also have my house insured with the same State Farm agent. My premium now is about $400

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AAA seems to be cheaper. We have had them for close to 7 years. We price check anytime ours goes up. No one comes close.
Might have to check with AAA been a loyal member for 14 years now

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat