Interior Heat and air flow issues resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the last two years my trucks had trickling air flow from the vents and almost no hot air. I’ve never been willing to rip the dash out but I’m not doing another winter without heat. Brought it to the mechanic a couple days ago. They said it needed a new heater core and a new fan. $1300. Decided I’m atleast gonna try to flush the core first which he wouldn’t do. Did that yesterday. Blew it out with a compressor, filled it with cleaner and flushed it with a hose. Worked great. Heat was trickling out of the vents. Today I planned on figuring out the airflow problem. Assumed I’d be pulling the whole dash apart. Once I pulled the glove box out I immediately saw the problem. Napkins from the glovebox got sucked into the intake grill above the cabin filter. Pulled them out and the airs cranking. Two years of no air and it was because of a napkin. saved $1300 And the rest of my day.

jRuN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious... How bad was the airflow? I don't THINK..I have a real problem.. but I swear it feels like I have to turn my fans up to max in order to feel any significant airflow hitting my face.. kinda like the lower settings are fairly useless on a hot day.. it's full blast or nothing haha..

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
Hell ya good for you. I just fixed my one touch up window issue from a guys video from this forum.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Airflow on the drivers side was next to nothing. Passenger side was better but still slow.

jRuN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Airflow on the drivers side was next to nothing. Passenger side was better but still slow.
Even when on full blast?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the last two years my trucks had trickling air flow from the vents and almost no hot air. I’ve never been willing to rip the dash out but I’m not doing another winter without heat. Brought it to the mechanic a couple days ago. They said it needed a new heater core and a new fan. $1300. Decided I’m atleast gonna try to flush the core first which he wouldn’t do. Did that yesterday. Blew it out with a compressor, filled it with cleaner and flushed it with a hose. Worked great. Heat was trickling out of the vents. Today I planned on figuring out the airflow problem. Assumed I’d be pulling the whole dash apart. Once I pulled the glove box out I immediately saw the problem. Napkins from the glovebox got sucked into the intake grill above the cabin filter. Pulled them out and the airs cranking. Two years of no air and it was because of a napkin. saved $1300 And the rest of my day.

You just made my day :favorites13: !!!!!! Damn them Napkins anyway :Caffeine::driver::driver: