is it a limited or Laramie Loghorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe1925

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
It’s a Limited trim level. The Longhorn has two color interior trim, with filigreed leather seats, so this truck is not a Longhorn. The Limited was the top trim level in 2017.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
If that picture is the truck you are looking at, it does have trailer brakes, I can see the two buttons on the center cluster that is trailer brakes.
I find it hard to believe that it would not have power fold mirrors. A small center button on mirror controls

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If that picture is the truck you are looking at, it does have trailer brakes, I can see the two buttons on the center cluster that is trailer brakes.
I find it hard to believe that it would not have power fold mirrors. A small center button on mirror controls
Has the tow package. The tow mirrors don't have a power fold option.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so my 2015 ram 1500 bighorn rambox been having some weird transmission issues so i decided too trade it it i always wanted a Laramie .............. local dealer as a 2017 Laramie Loghorn but allover it has limited on it .its loaded with ever option under the sun except 2 i can see no front parking sensors ( has rear ) and no folding mirrors im sure theres more .anyways it has 42k on it .but has a check engine light on and says its air suspension and trailer brake issue i seen no trailer brake on it ( if it still the old type that would mount to bottom of dash with a knob on it anyways ) . so should i be weary of those issues .they say there going too fix what ever is it. i haven't bought it yet but did put 4k down on it.
I had a 2017 Longhorn and from your pic's it is a Limited ... The Longhorn in 2017 had the "Longhorn" chrome badge on the front doors and one on the tailgate ... It also had "Longhorn" above the glovebox and also on the console lid where the one in your pic's says Limited .. The Longhorn was a higher version of the Laramie ... I have a 2020 Longhorn now and is still referred as a Laramie Longhorn, however in 2021, they changed it to a "Limited Longhorn" ... Hope this helps ...

Greek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well you why he traded in that truck. Air ride doesn't age well. I would not sign till all is fixed. If they say fixed but it takes 100 miles before they can reset computer then let some salesmen use then clears error code. Nothing worse than a beautiful truck that is trouble they can't figure out which is why I got rid of my pos ford. Good luck.

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They make limited longhorn edition. I have one 15, 1500. Limited is leather and the longhorn sticking and saddlebag backs. Missing the same two items your was, kinda stupid but no folding mirrors was very strange to me.

OP
OP
T

tman1112000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i was also surprised at no folding mirrors and not a fan of the ones on it prob change them later

OP
OP
T

tman1112000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well you why he traded in that truck. Air ride doesn't age well. I would not sign till all is fixed. If they say fixed but it takes 100 miles before they can reset computer then let some salesmen use then clears error code. Nothing worse than a beautiful truck that is trouble they can't figure out which is why I got rid of my pos ford. Good luck.
yea i have it in writing on fixing everything and have a warranty with the truck as well its at the body shop now getting repainted in several places cause the scratch guy ( new guy they tryed ) messed it up bad so its getting fixed on there dime the right way

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
I had 2017. It is Laramie limited Long Horn Addition. Stay away from air suspension. It will make your life miserable and bank account empty

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
Air ride is not fixable. It is bad design to start with.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Air ride is not fixable. It is bad design to start with.
It's very fixable if you have the knowledge to do so. Unfortunately if you're relying on the dealer to repair it, yes, you could buy another truck for the cost of servicing the air ride repeatedly. Another option is to remove the air ride and go to a coil spring. It's an easy swap and not that expensive compared to fixing the air ride multiple times. My 2016 still has trouble free air ride. But I've already prepared myself that when it fails (depending on what fails) I'll swap it out for coil springs.

Ramsoso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 Laramie Longhorn
Absolutely Love it..just point me to the next gas station

Attachments

• 20220329_005820.jpg
    20220329_005820.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 6
  • aviary-image-1606359349399.jpeg
    aviary-image-1606359349399.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so my 2015 ram 1500 bighorn rambox been having some weird transmission issues so i decided too trade it it i always wanted a Laramie .............. local dealer as a 2017 Laramie Loghorn but allover it has limited on it .its loaded with ever option under the sun except 2 i can see no front parking sensors ( has rear ) and no folding mirrors im sure theres more .anyways it has 42k on it .but has a check engine light on and says its air suspension and trailer brake issue i seen no trailer brake on it ( if it still the old type that would mount to bottom of dash with a knob on it anyways ) . so should i be weary of those issues .they say there going too fix what ever is it. i haven't bought it yet but did put 4k down on it.
Don’t think it’s a longhorn. Not brown interior Does have trailer brake

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The air ride suspension and the real fancy interior is why I had to pass on a 2017 Ram LLL with 42k miles that I test drove about a month ago but it was a beautiful truck. Congrats to the OP on your new ride!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
So air ride that doesn't work, scratches bad enough it needs body work and trailer system with issues on a truck with only 40K on it. I am thinking this got traded off as a Lemon. I would run very fast and very far. I would also never have a pickup with air suspension to start with, far too many issues and while they can be refitted back to standard I would not buy one till it was; that is about a $2500 hit if you have to pay for it yourself.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My thinking is the 2500 with coil spring stock is comfortable enough where I don't need air ride. Back in the day of dump truck leaf springs, yeah, but this is ok empty. Bullet proof reliable, minimal parts. Love my 2500!

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
Air ride not fixable. You are absolutly correct about dealers. Explain to me, you pay 5k for air ride then remove it? Allow me to explain from my experience. System includes a control module, control, air compressor. Valve train, pressure tank 275 psi N2. Piping. air bags, sensors and air make up. The system
suppose to be sealed. However if you lose N2 then air make up system Behind left tail light let's air in to get you to dealer. Doing so introduces moisture to the system which is No No. All parts of the system is susceptible to N2 leak. If you live in warm enviroment and don't get below 32 degree F. you may think system is ok. But if you under 32 degree moisture freezes in the compressor and lines and you will be riding on the frame. This happens in North, rocky mountain, canada, etc. Dealers don't know how to fix it. You need the pressure the system, fix the leak, pull vacuum and hold to remove moisture then introduce 99% dry N2 to 275 psi just like AC unit. Then good luck until next failure. It is money pit. Why pay for something you have to fix every other day or convert to regular suspension. Check class action law suits. Check all the the forums about Ram air suspension. That is why I traded my 2017 and bought 2022 Laramie with no air suspension. It rides great. No problems and it is not parked in the garage or dealer. I respect your openion but I am not looking for trouble after paying 64 K for a truck.

Last edited:

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
To continue. I am not bashing Ram. I am ashamed of seeing my profession engineering allowing this to get to the public. Land Rover has the same issues. Big rigs have air suspension and they work. They have air line anti freeze injection and coalescing filters to remove moisture. This type of the system will increase cost to to the point that RAM could not sale the option.

Last edited: