Is it possible to hook up a radio from a non-Infinity system to a truck w/ Infinity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am probably going to be replacing my RAQ headunit because the 6-disc changer if fried it looks like. I want one with a single CD player and a front MP3 input, will this be possible to just plug and play with headunits or do you have to get one compatible to the amp setup, i.e. Infinity vs. non-Infinity?

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not 100% sure, but I'm thinking you have to get an additional wiring/adapter thingy in order to use the infinity amp with an aftermarket unit.

OP
OP
F

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wasn't wanting to go aftermarket, just a different OEM HU than what the truck originally came with. For example, if a truck with the standard 4 speaker system uses a single-CD player w/ MP3 input but doesn't utilize the Infinity system, could I still use this HU to power my QC system that is Infinity? Are the inputs on the back of the HU the same?

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump for ya. I've never seen the back of the OEM Infinity unit. However, I am thinking that still, that you'd possibly need a harness. I think the Infinity since it has more speakers and the amp, that you'd need some way to tap into that.