Is MDS delete without pcm swap (2015) possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEON2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, my father bought at 2015 ram 1500. He still has a locked pcm but eco won’t show on the cluster. I’m unsure if the mds is working or a solenoid is bad. Is it possible to have a MDS delete without a tune?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Eco light can be disabled via the radio settings, it doesn't mean MDS isn't working, they don't directly correlate.

To fully disable requires a tune, but you can disable each drive by using the gear select buttons and choose 8th gear and leave it there, the ECU won't use MDS when a manual gear is selected.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Hello, my father bought at 2015 ram 1500. He still has a locked pcm but eco won’t show on the cluster. I’m unsure if the mds is working or a solenoid is bad. Is it possible to have a MDS delete without a tune?
A peddle by wire interface can adjust some of the unfavorable conditions but it won’t remove them completely never seen it disable the ECO mode light.