Is This an Issue in the Engine Bay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sluff Track

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
?
I am interested in this 2009 1500. The firewall, or the back of the engine bay, seems to have exposed insulation. Is this normal for this year Dodge Ram truck? Are there specific repairs that might explain this condition? Any concerns or opinions are greatly appreciated.

RAM Example 4.jpeg

Thanks for looking,
Jim

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
Not normal.
Thats what rats, mice, and chipmunks insulate their nests with. Check for wire harness damage, plastic emissions line's also.

stevenram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if that is evidence of the engine being removed and or replaced?

OP
OP
Sluff Track

Sluff Track

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
?
I have looked at photos of other 2009's that have pics of the engine bay. It looks like a cover, possibly plastic, was removed and not installed. The other pics show two items up against the firewall.

I am curious about how this vehicle looks like this, but not enough to talk to the dealer.

Dirty D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
engine bays clean....did you get a detail recently where they used a pressure/steam cleaner? perhaps they had the pressure to high and it chewed up the liner?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I think that there may be another possibility

It looks like the Plastic xmas tree pins have somehow become undone

My 2016 is doing the same thing, i have not tried to climb up high enough into that area to refasten them some how, getting up in age

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that there may be another possibility

It looks like the Plastic xmas tree pins have somehow become undone

My 2016 is doing the same thing, i have not tried to climb up high enough into that area to refasten them some how, getting up in age
@Wild one liked that one lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Wild one liked that one lol
I tend to agree with the guys saying it looks like it's gotten wet a few times and the plastic pins aren't holding properly anymore,more then it's rodent damage. But the OP's pic's aren't really all that good for us old and blind guys,lol. It's a fairly thick piece of insulation,and if it gets wet,it gets kind of flimsy,but with-out actually seeing it,who knows it might have rodent chew holes,and not be the wet issue at all.