Is Zeigler Warranty the Real Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
I am getting ready to purchase a new 2022 Big Horn 1500 . I have read a lot on this forum about Zeigler. Is it the actual Mopar warranty? And, does anyone have experience with actually having to use it? If so any dealer problems with it? I just wanted to clarify so that I don't make a mistake.

Looking at the Maxcare 8 yr. 100,000 miles. Mopar direct is $3450. Zeigler website shows $2530 before any discount mentioned on this forum such as the" PAYINFULL" which is supposed to discount it another $365.
Thanks

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
AFAIK, the actual plan is FCA Maxcare, which is the exact same plan that the dealer is going to try to sell you.

I have read quite a bit about people taking their Zeigler quote into the dealer and having the dealer either meet, come very close, or beat it. Probably worth a shot if you're going to be getting it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Some dealers will say that they can't match Zieglers price, but they have another Warranty at a lower price.
They don't tell you that the dealers warranty is only good for a few surround States.

Unlike the MOPAR plan that is good at any Dodge Dealership in the USA & Canada & approved garages in Mexico

MontanaDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes, bought a extended warranty from Zeigler 3 weeks ago, and I checked my mopars owners dashboard on mopar.com yesterday and my maximum care warranty was listed in my dashboard. Remember to use the payinfull coupon to save yourself $365.00 that is already stated above. I paid $1650 for a 8yr/85k maximum care with my PayPal account with 6 month same as cash Financing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boxman

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys for your responses. I know the dealer is going to try to upsell me on a third party plan, which I won't touch. They already pitched it as one of the best and very popular with their customers. I have a Maxcare on my current truck and it has worked well the few times I needed it. Will try showing dealer the Zeigler price to see if they'll price match.

I also checked the Chrysler factory plans link . So I do have 2 choices besides the dealer.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's generally a good idea to stay away from 3rd party warranties, which you did. So props for that, you made a good decision there. I will say that no extended warranty is bumper to bumper, including a Mopar one. Sounds like you have experience with them, so you are likely aware that there are some things that are covered by the original mfg warranty, but aren't covered by the extended warranty. Such as soft surfaces inside the cab, and glass (including the rear window frame). I would recommend reading through any warranty to see exactly what is and what isn't covered. That way you won't be surprised if you take your truck in to have a cracked rear window frame replaced because it's leaking, and they tell you your extended warranty doesn't cover it.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I just picked up a new RAM, when it came time to start the up-sell the extended warranty came up first. They (the dealer) started out at $4,965 for a MaxCare or a few hundred less for another plan I never heard of. My intention was to get a MaxCare, it will be my third plan and my third RAM. I told them it will be a MaxCare or no care.

I asked what the quoted plan's mileage and time length was. I opened my laptop, told her I wanted a MaxCare $100 deductible, 8 years, 85,000-mile MaxCare, and told her I will pay $1617 (www.chryslerwarrantys.com) for the plan. Caught her somewhat off guard, she looked the plan up on her computer and said the price on the website I'm using is $300 less than their cost. I said that is OK, I'll just order my MaxCare online then. But she insisted on selling me the MaxCare for the price I said I would pay. Imagine that, they went out of their way to lose money for little old me.

My suggestion is before you buy a MaxCare plan or dealer match a price, do a search first. I've discovered plan pricing changes here and there between vendors. For example, at the time I took delivery (Jan 22), Zeigler was right around $200 more for than chryslerwarrantys for the same plan.

OP
OP
Boxman

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good information, where do you find the pay in full coupon?
I had called Zeigler to get more information. The person helping me told me about them.
PAYINFULL if you pay full amount at one time. HAPPY was to be used for $250 off and then 18 interest free payments. Of course you are indirectly paying for 18 month plan.

As BossHogg said, the Chryslerwarranty site was cheaper until Zeigler gave me the code.
The Mopar warranty center (number listed on my 2013's warranty) quoted me $3495 and said others are not official Mopar warranties. That's what prompted me to start this thread.
With all the responses, I am better prepared when I go to the dealer tomorrow,
Thanks.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The Mopar warranty center (number listed on my 2013's warranty) quoted me $3495 and said others are not official Mopar warranties.

Scare tactic, if they are selling a Mopar warranty then they are a franchised dealer. I'm sure there are possers out there but many of these web present sellers have been around for years. It is easy to find references to the various franchised dealers in Chrylser related forums.

Last edited:

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With Ziegler, they used to give a huge discount with promo code "payinfull". Try it and see if it still works. Same warranty as if purchased directly from Chrysler-Fiat.

wriver82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ziegler 8 year 85000, 100 deductible 1510, on the link you posted it was over 2200, is there something I’m missing??
Maxcare 7 year unlimited mileage $100 deductible $3695 compared to $5140 on the Z.

I’m showin that 8 year 8500 with 100 deductible being $2545 not $1510 on the Z.

Shop around and make your own decisions on what’s better for you.

wriver82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maxcare 7 year unlimited mileage $100 deductible $3695 compared to $5140 on the Z.

I’m showin that 8 year 8500 with 100 deductible being $2545 not $1510 on the Z.

Shop around and make your own decisions on what’s better for you.
Not sure what site you’re looking at but those numbers are not close to Ziegler’s site. Here’s the link where I purchased the 8 year 85000, 100 deductible maxcare using the payinfull promo code For 1510

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Chrysler warranty from Flood as it was cheaper that Ziegler

jbarkley76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.8
I reached out to Clay Robbins after getting a quote from Ziegler. I believe he beat it by $100. If I recall I got the 8 year 125k warranty. I also got the tire warranty package and he discounted that pretty steeply as well.

Dieldrin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 ETorque
Zeigler was the best price back in March 2021
8yr/$85k Max Care $200 ded. I paid $1175

Retiring Don

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I bought the 8 year 125K miles plan in 2020 for my 2019 Ram 1500. I was offered the discount for payment in full but chose not to opt for it, not because I couldn't afford it, but because if the truck was totaled, the warranty wouldn't transfer to the replacement truck. I chose to take the 18 month autopay option. I was taking my truck and travel trailer on an around the country trip so knew I would be driving a lot and putting gobs of miles on my truck so I figured my chances for being involved in a traffic accident would increase. The agent told me that if I were to be involved in an accident that totaled my truck I would just stop making payments on the warranty. Fortunately everything turned out okay and I'm still loving my Ram.
Just something else to consider.