It's that time again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinybaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Time to buy new tires...

I currently have the BFG AT's on the truck, and I am thinking I am not going to go with the same tires this time. I haven't been unhappy with them, but I also haven't been satisfied. It always seemed the the BFG's were hard to get and stay balanced.

I am looking for a tire that is good on the sand, and going up the mountain (I know, two different styles). I currently have 285/70/17 on the truck.

What does everyone recommend?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Toyo m/t!! They will last forever, and are great for all kinds of terrain. And I think they are a bit cheaper than the bfg

Sent from my VS920 4G

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Duratracs! I was nothing short of impressed with these tires on my buddy's FJ cruiser (same size even).

Stayed balanced, rode nice, and minimal if any road noise.

Awesome in the loose pumice, snow, and pretty damned good in the rain.

OP
OP
T

Tinybaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Toyo m/t!! They will last forever, and are great for all kinds of terrain. And I think they are a bit cheaper than the bfg

Sent from my VS920 4G

What I just looked at said they aren't a good winter tire? Anyone have exp with the toyo m/t in the snow.

They are a sharp looking tire...

Now to google the duratracs

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
falken a/t rocky mountains or wild peaks, same tread, different loads or something I think, never the less, I loved mine..

pretty budget friendly as well, look nice, performed well for me, and are quiet as a street tire too.

OP
OP
T

Tinybaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Duratracs seem nice, like the reviews.

I have to figure out size now, the 285/70/17 have plenty of room on a 17x9 rim with 4.25 backspace...

What size would i be able to go up to without the torsion cranked, and with it cranked?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca