Just got a new Warlock! My first truck. Looking for advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just got a Ram! This is my first truck. I had a Subaru STI for 16 years so it's a nice change.

2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Quad Cab

I have a lot to learn however there are a few basics I want to bang out right away. I'm looking to do the following:

New exhaust
Cover for bed
Spray on liner for bed
Toolbox attachment for bed
Wheels
Side steps / runner

Can someone point me in the right direction with some good vendors online? It's hard to tell whose legit from a Google search.

Attachments

• 20210814_172208.jpg
    20210814_172208.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210814_172158.jpg
    20210814_172158.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210814_172151.jpg
    20210814_172151.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 26

scrounge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, and welcome. I have a bed liner in the used '99 I bought, and I don't like it. It's chipping in spots, and it's not easy to peel off. I bought a bed pad for it from a junkyard. But since yours is new, you'll probably want a new one. Rather than shopping online, you might try to find stores in your area that stock the items you want, and compare prices and quality. Places that sell camper shells might be able to help.

JJLR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021; 2020; 2019; 2010; 2007; 2006
Engine
5.7 and 6.4 (2019)
Welcome, and awesome choice for a truck!

Not sure how married you are to a bed liner, I've heard good things about Line-X, but I don't have one myself. I got a DeeZee rubber bed mat for a few of mine both personal and work, and I love them. Cheap enough to throw away if they get too beat up and they have held up very well for me, even with abrasive debris moving in and out of the bed quite a bit.

For side steps, I went with the Westin Pro Traxx 4 and I like them a lot, the plastic covers that were made to go over the brackets looked awful so I left them off, haven't had any issues except when travelling on loose gravel for the first time the pinging surprised me, I'll upload a picture when I'm back around the truck so you can see what you think of both.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Welcome!
We have a lot of Vendors on this site, just click the "Forums" Button and scroll towards the bottom of the page.

Moe's is where I bought my American Racing Headers.
CarID is good for aesthetic stuff, (hoods, grills, flares, chrome stuff, etc.) They have parts too.
Adams for all your wash and detail needs.
GotExhaust for all your exhaust components.

Everyone here is super helpful and have got me out of quite a few pinches when trying to figure things out myself.
Good luck and look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome and congrats on your new Warlock.

Let us know if we can help with the mod list. We offer just about everything and can help you with most of that current list you have. Message me for info or quotes on anything

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!

Zplott

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum. Nice first truck. To answer your questions, I have a line x spray in bed liner on my last three trucks and it work great. Also I would look at a tuxedo sentry cover. It is soft but has metal slats to help keep it secure. I currently have amp electronic side steps they fold up when driving and fold down when you open the door. My wife is short and loves them.

JJLR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021; 2020; 2019; 2010; 2007; 2006
Engine
5.7 and 6.4 (2019)
Sorry for the later update on the bed mat and step bars, been a crazy couple of weeks.20210902_082041.jpg20210902_082110.jpg20210902_082051.jpg20210902_082122.jpg

dakotamar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had bedliners and drop in plastic liners. the problem i found with the spray on liners is if you put anything in the bed you have to shovel out, you wind up scraping the liner. if you put firewood in the back you wind up denting the bed. I prefer the plastic liners.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Welcome to the forums!

I have the Mopar bedliner and side steps.
I have a Bison flip up tonner cover, so far so good with it.
I also have a Magnaflow 19439 direct fit muffler. Didn't want to have a muffler to wake up the neighbourhood but it's no slouch when you step on it! It's also approved by my wife (for sound) which is another bonus!

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a Ram! This is my first truck. I had a Subaru STI for 16 years so it's a nice change.

2021 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Quad Cab

I have a lot to learn however there are a few basics I want to bang out right away. I'm looking to do the following:

New exhaust
Cover for bed
Spray on liner for bed
Toolbox attachment for bed
Wheels
Side steps / runner

Can someone point me in the right direction with some good vendors online? It's hard to tell whose legit from a Google search.

Welcome to the Warlock part of the Ram family, and to the forum.

There are a bunch of vendors available online as well as here on the forum.

As far as what it is you want to do, most of the "cosmetic" stuff (including mufflers, due to personal pref with sound), there are sites out there that have a lot of different things.

My Silverado came with a Truxedo roll up soft bed cover I ended up giving to my Dad when I got a LEER shell. Been using it on his Sierra until it died (back half of the frame rotted out), and his replacement (a '17 Ram came with a tri-fold soft cover) had one on it when he bought it.

I personally am leaning towards a Borla exhaust system when I get to that point, mostly due to everybody and their brother (or sister) has MagnaFlow/Flowmaster/etc. I did the same thing with the steps I have put on mine. Almost everybody has got the running board style, or less often, have done the step hoops near the doors. I went a different direction with mine. I got them from IronCrossAutomotive by way of their local dealer, and it is the "side arm" style. Nobody else I have seen around has them.

I am looking into getting a color match spray-in bed liner from the same place that did the side steps for me. They use Bullet liners. I do recommend, if you go with a spray-in, no matter what brand you go with, to have it professionally done. It will be a few days, most likely, but less headaches on your part.

Now wheels is a totally different ball of wax. There are so many different aftermarket companies out there with so many different designs that it is just crazy. I recommend taking your time when you look through. Find a look of what you want, and what I did was take the picture of my truck from when it was on the dealer site, and shrink down a window with the wheel design I was considering centered over the truck wheels to see what it would look like if I used them. Narrowed it down to what I think is my final decision, D674 Blitz (matte black and darkened machined surface) from Fuel Wheels.

Either way, I suggest taking your time on your decisions, and making sure you like it, then slowly your truck will become more and more how you want it.

Good luck! :)

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
I've got the same step bars as jjlar and they look great on the truck... like 200 bones. I bought a duraliner and like it... however i think the sidewall fitment is NOT great where it joins with the rail caps and duraliner basically said 'oh well'. That being said... it does a very good job of protecting the inside of the bed from dents and I prefer the rubber mat... easy on the knees if you need to be crawling around- something i would buy again and made in the usa.