Just installed bed lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raminator157

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How are the lights working a year later? You have pretty much sold me on the kit you used. I like the built in switch that has no exposed connections. I am just wondering how well they will stick to my spray in liner and if the double sided tape is heavy duty? I live in a cold climate. Thanks

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are still working. They came with clips as well as the tape and I used both. The tape alone wasn't enough. I line in NJ and it gets cold here to.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Last week I was loading some stuff I bought into the bed at dusk. I couldn't see in my bed with the tonneau cover on so it was time to get some bed lights. Thanks to a thread in here I found a led kit on Amazon for $20. It wasn't that hard. I tied into the towing harness. I did it easy way and just used their switch. I put that under the bed rails. I'm very happy with it.

View attachment 221100 View attachment 221101

Bedrug next? :)

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the Line-X and the tailgate sitting was a bit uncomfortable, so, I got the bedrug tailgate carpet. A bit easier on the derriere.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last week I was loading some stuff I bought into the bed at dusk. I couldn't see in my bed with the tonneau cover on so it was time to get some bed lights. Thanks to a thread in here I found a led kit on Amazon for $20. It wasn't that hard. I tied into the towing harness. I did it easy way and just used their switch. I put that under the bed rails. I'm very happy with it.

View attachment 221100 View attachment 221101
Looks great you been busy

Raminator157

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what kit did you buy? How’s it holding up?

I looked around for some trying to find something that didn’t need to be hardwired in, not that it seemed too terribly hard, but I wouldn’t be using them very often. Saw a lot of “truck bed lights” but I ended up finding some pretty inexpensive battery operated led light strips. 2 ~6’ strips for about $20-25 total. Easy to install and a little remote that I can change colors just for fun lol. I’ll have to see how long they last but
399a64b1769efe71ca097e6d0804901f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This night pic was by request. I have board in there too help make that section more useable and to keep small stuff from moving around.

20210306_194952_HDR.jpg

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a Leer shell. I installed the Nilight 60" LED Light Strips (2 Strips per Set) - TR-05to the roof of the carpeted shell. These strips are probably the same as what Loudram installed, just a different company. I put their switch right at the bed corner for easy access. I'm very satisfied with the quality. performance and brightness. These are full daylight pictures so brightness is not shown.

Leer-Ni-Light-LEDs.jpg
Leer-Nilight-Switch-1.jpg