Just not digging it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
. . . The more folks buying them, the more you'll drive the price up. . . .
:D:D I have found over the years that it actually goes the other way. When sales are slow, the dealers drive a harder bargain.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Really a great looking truck DRkNESS. I wish I would have known the sport hood looked that dang good. I would have had one put on my Laramie. (not really mine yet till it arrives and I sign the papers)

You can still work that into the deal, just tell them you’ve been made an offer you shouldn’t refuse.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
Trust me I understand, not everything is for everyone. If left up to me I would have a regular cab with all the bells and whistles. But alas I’m fat, tall and have a full replacement knee so I needed the extra interior space.
fe6b6e64d2b92d521652291bc6962408.jpg
The regular cabs are very spacious. I'm 6'4" and am swimming in room. I can't reach the steering wheel or depress the clutch pedal all the way with the seat all the way back. That being said fine looking truck there.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How about this Sport 4x4 I traded my 2015 in on this 2019 and I love it.IMG_0300.PNG
I brought my 2014 Sport in for an oil change and recalls. Been here looking at trucks for two hours and just can’t make myself even test drive one. They just don’t jump out at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
cbacarisse

cbacarisse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about this Sport 4x4 I traded my 2015 in on this 2019 and I love it.View attachment 166707
I like it a lot; I really like when people post their pics. Their trucks always look good, but when I go look to buy I just don't like them in person.
My work neighbor has a new Limited, it's black, loaded with airshocks, and has rambox. He keeps it spotless, but yet it still really doesn't do anything for me. I like the idea of the Longhorn too, but it's a little bit "over-the-top" for me.

Actually, yours is probably exactly how I would build mine.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Ahh yes, the new sport hood that allows water to just puddle on plastic.

Keep your Armor-All handy before it is completely cracked and faded. At least they can be removed and replaced for a few hundred dollars.

I'm super jealous if you all couldn't tell!

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Ahh yes, the new sport hood that allows water to just puddle on plastic.

Keep your Armor-All handy before it is completely cracked and faded. At least they can be removed and replaced for a few hundred dollars.

I'm super jealous if you all couldn't tell!
lol yeah I used to semi detail vehicles for a few years I have all the pro stuff to look after the plastic.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dig the RAM classic but fell in love with the DT when I saw it. Ended up ordering one with the sport package.

View attachment 166738 View attachment 166739

I love the sport package, mine is a Laramie crew cab with Sport package and 4x4 off road package. The off road package comes lifted from the factory and sets up higher than the standard Ram 4x4. I like the white sport because the black grill stands out better

BigWhiteSnake

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
I brought my 2014 Sport in for an oil change and recalls. Been here looking at trucks for two hours and just can’t make myself even test drive one. They just don’t jump out at me.

Same here, they’ve lost their “truck” look.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Super nice trucks guys!
But for me the prices of new trucks have gotten totally out of hand.

I was in the market for a 4 door cab Dodge/Ram truck for 10 years before I found a good deal on the '14 Ram Express. And that good deal was the original owner selling it for IT'S ACTUAL VALUE instead of an inflated price. And it is really not the money. I can afford to go out and buy about any truck I want new off the dealer lot. It is just they are NOT worth what they cost.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I JUST returned from a TAPS playing gig with my daughter at FCA world HQ in Auburn Hills MI. (part of an honors ceremony for Memorial Day that they do for the FCA veteran employees) and as we were walking back to my 2016 Ram in the main parking structure, there was one of the new 2019 RAMs, who also backed into his spot, parked right next to my truck, on the far side as we approached mine.
From a short distance (maybe 50'-75' away) I said to myself, "I hope whoever parked that Chevy next to my truck left us some room on the passenger side to allow my daughter to get into the cab easily". When I got right up to both of our trucks, I realized; Oh, that's a new Ram, not a Chevy...

I'm sorry, you 2019 guys have nice trucks, but to me, the new Ram styling SUCKS!
There's nothing to differentiate it from a Chevy or a Ford anymore. Same stupid/permanent chinsey looking badges in the hood like the Chevy. Same generic "round" to the front profile (both top to bottom and left to right) like the Ford. There's nothing that screams DODGE/RAM about it anymore.
All the big 3 US auto company's trucks look like they bought the same vehicle from the same Chinese company and just rebadged them differently to make it their own...
It'll be interesting to see the final figures on how the classic sells in comparison to the new design for 2019.

I know when it comes time to replace my 2016, I'll be looking for a 2019 "classic". Or, I'll possibly end up with another brand of truck, which will really suck for me, because my current 2016 is Dodge/RAM #6 for me!

FCA, are you listening????

SRT Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

My 2019 RAM Laramie 1500 didn't either, until I sat in it and took it for a test drive. Was looking for a 2018, but nothing available with the options I wanted. Right after purchase we drove it to Florida (1300 miles) for the winter and I'm in love with it. Handling and ride is outstanding with good HEMI power. 22 MPG on the trip down. On board electronics is mind boggling to me and the Mercedes S-Class interior is superior.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
must be alot of deep wallets on this site--mines a 2012 no more payments and I still refer to it as my "new truck" Does no one keep their trucks untill the end anymore?