Just not digging it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Trust me it is and I’m still paying the price for it...

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
Ahh yes, the new sport hood that allows water to just puddle on plastic.

Keep your Armor-All handy before it is completely cracked and faded. At least they can be removed and replaced for a few hundred dollars.

I'm super jealous if you all couldn't tell!

What about the drains? No puddling on mine.19ram7.jpg

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I JUST returned from a TAPS playing gig with my daughter at FCA world HQ in Auburn Hills MI. (part of an honors ceremony for Memorial Day that they do for the FCA veteran employees) and as we were walking back to my 2016 Ram in the main parking structure, there was one of the new 2019 RAMs, who also backed into his spot, parked right next to my truck, on the far side as we approached mine.
From a short distance (maybe 50'-75' away) I said to myself, "I hope whoever parked that Chevy next to my truck left us some room on the passenger side to allow my daughter to get into the cab easily". When I got right up to both of our trucks, I realized; Oh, that's a new Ram, not a Chevy...

I'm sorry, you 2019 guys have nice trucks, but to me, the new Ram styling SUCKS!
There's nothing to differentiate it from a Chevy or a Ford anymore. Same stupid/permanent chinsey looking badges in the hood like the Chevy. Same generic "round" to the front profile (both top to bottom and left to right) like the Ford. There's nothing that screams DODGE/RAM about it anymore.
All the big 3 US auto company's trucks look like they bought the same vehicle from the same Chinese company and just rebadged them differently to make it their own...
It'll be interesting to see the final figures on how the classic sells in comparison to the new design for 2019.

I know when it comes time to replace my 2016, I'll be looking for a 2019 "classic". Or, I'll possibly end up with another brand of truck, which will really suck for me, because my current 2016 is Dodge/RAM #6 for me!

FCA, are you listening????

I've had a 2010 Ram, 2013 Ram limited,2015 Ram Laramie and now my new 2019 Laramie Sport 4x4 off road. I have really liked each one and put an average of 130,000 on each of them with no issues at all. Now about the 2019 it is the most advanced best handling best ridding most comfortable truck I've ever driven. I thought my last truck the 2015 was a quite riding truck on the highway but the 2019 is way quieter and is just unbelievable. It also has the most interior room of any crew cab available and the rear seats recline, the floor is flat with no center hump and all the storage spaces I had become accustomed to are there. I have the new largest available navigation/control system on the market at 12" and it is great. I like the new telescope steering wheel also. I have always enjoyed the tilt steering wheels but now tilt and telescope is nice. Also the frame of the truck is all new and twice as strong as the previous Rams, larger brakes so now the Ram that I have is rated to 11,370. There are many other things about the 2019 than made capture Truck of the year. By the way you said you may change brands, well you certainly need to look and compare closely because GM is very crappy next to the Ram and the Ford with their beer can aiuminum body just don't cut it.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
They have drains in low spots routed out?

Can you take pictures, curiosity killed the cat.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
19ramHood_drain2.JPG 19ramHood_drain.JPG
They have drains in low spots routed out?

Can you take pictures, curiosity killed the cat.
There's a drain hole in the forward outboard corner, which is the low point. Everything goes into the pan/bottom of that piece and then (I assume) through a tube that is routed between the hood and the cover, emptying forward of the radiator. The trim piece in the center of the hood and back near the windshield has a lot of drain holes in it, maybe ten, I think, since it sits on the high point of the hood and is relatively level. Pic taken from above, driver's side, so the drain hole is in the lower right corner.

EDIT: the center trim piece has 14 drain holes in it; and the piece doesn't feature the open grate, but instead has some diamond shapes above a solid bottom. As you can see, the drain simply dumps it on the otherwise nice trim piece over the grille and radiator, so I have found something that needs to be cleaned. The crud that's on there is pollen.

19ramHood_drain3.JPG

Last edited:

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully soon we can all be test driving and looking at the TRX !

brian42

Military
Reaction score
must be alot of deep wallets on this site--mines a 2012 no more payments and I still refer to it as my "new truck" Does no one keep their trucks untill the end anymore?

^^^. I would have,but that decision was taken away from me. :(

I don't know his specific circumstance but I'm in the same boat as DRkNESS.

I had my last truck for 11 years with no end in sight (and pink slip in my pocket). Then one early day this past February some guy in a Jeep Rubicon decided to play freeway pinball and included me in his plans.

Unfortunately older trucks don't carry a lot of value and it didn't take much investigation by the body shop to determine that it was going to cost more than it was worth to repair it. I had 320K miles on it and was already making my 500K mile "refresh" plan for the truck. Unfortunately the damage was beyond my expertise (and wallet) to fix so I had to let it go.

Buying another older truck was not an option (pink slip or not) so I made the decision to go all-in and re-enter the world of payments and lien holders.

OP
OP
cbacarisse

cbacarisse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
must be alot of deep wallets on this site--mines a 2012 no more payments and I still refer to it as my "new truck" Does no one keep their trucks untill the end anymore?

I’ve had mine for almost 6 years, but we generally trade out every 5 years. We own our business and it helps with taxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Drew Cardella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/o eTorque
I JUST returned from a TAPS playing gig with my daughter at FCA world HQ in Auburn Hills MI. (part of an honors ceremony for Memorial Day that they do for the FCA veteran employees) and as we were walking back to my 2016 Ram in the main parking structure, there was one of the new 2019 RAMs, who also backed into his spot, parked right next to my truck, on the far side as we approached mine.
From a short distance (maybe 50'-75' away) I said to myself, "I hope whoever parked that Chevy next to my truck left us some room on the passenger side to allow my daughter to get into the cab easily". When I got right up to both of our trucks, I realized; Oh, that's a new Ram, not a Chevy...

I'm sorry, you 2019 guys have nice trucks, but to me, the new Ram styling SUCKS!
There's nothing to differentiate it from a Chevy or a Ford anymore. Same stupid/permanent chinsey looking badges in the hood like the Chevy. Same generic "round" to the front profile (both top to bottom and left to right) like the Ford. There's nothing that screams DODGE/RAM about it anymore.
All the big 3 US auto company's trucks look like they bought the same vehicle from the same Chinese company and just rebadged them differently to make it their own...
It'll be interesting to see the final figures on how the classic sells in comparison to the new design for 2019.

I know when it comes time to replace my 2016, I'll be looking for a 2019 "classic". Or, I'll possibly end up with another brand of truck, which will really suck for me, because my current 2016 is Dodge/RAM #6 for me!

FCA, are you listening????

RAM, classic and DT, are easily identifiable from Ford and Chevy and from each other. Definitely can't be mistaken for a Toy or Nissan either. I f you can't tell the difference between the big three then I just don't know what to tell you.

Drew Cardella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/o eTorque
I don't know his specific circumstance but I'm in the same boat as DRkNESS.

I had my last truck for 11 years with no end in sight (and pink slip in my pocket). Then one early day this past February some guy in a Jeep Rubicon decided to play freeway pinball and included me in his plans.

Unfortunately older trucks don't carry a lot of value and it didn't take much investigation by the body shop to determine that it was going to cost more than it was worth to repair it. I had 320K miles on it and was already making my 500K mile "refresh" plan for the truck. Unfortunately the damage was beyond my expertise (and wallet) to fix so I had to let it go.

Buying another older truck was not an option (pink slip or not) so I made the decision to go all-in and re-enter the world of payments and lien holders.

I spent the last 5 years driving two different brand new Chevy's. GM repurchased both of them because of issues they couldn't fix. I got every penny back. If it wasn't for all that money I got back I wouldn't have been in a position to purchase my RAM. Before the Chevy's I spent 22 years driving Nissan Titans and Frontiers. I have two cousins with brand new F150s and my brother has a RAM 2500 HD Mega cab. All good trucks. I would still be in my Chevy if they could have fixed the issues i had because other than the issues the truck was pretty nice to drive and definitely punched above it's class (it was a Z71 Colorado). I had no vehicle for over two months while my RAM was on order and really enjoyed it. When I finally got my truck the first thing he said was that my back seat was larger than his Mega. He drove it and he said his next ram will be the HD version of the DT. The thing really is amazing, regardless of how you feel about the styling.

If this truck continues to be as good as it's been so far my next truck will be a RAM also.

Last edited:

Drew Cardella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/o eTorque
I like the Delmonico red truck that was posted here also. I was really looking at that color but didn't see one in a sport trim. Looks really sharp. How is that bug shield working out? I am thinking of getting one but am worried it would be hard to clean between it and the hood.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I feel ya, my 16 has max care till 2023. So, as long as everything holds up I won’t be in the market for a while. Hopefully something will pop by then. In the meantime, the only ones that grab my attention are lifted a couple of inches with more aggressive tires like the Rebel. IMHO the worst looking ones are the limited with low profile tires and squinty headlights...