K&N Drop in Filter 33-2247

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did an oil change today and needed a new air filter, been about 10k since i put a new air filter in... I saw one of those K&N drop-ins for about $60, so i got it. I got it because of the fact i dont have to replace a new filter ever again, so in about 3 filters it will pay for its self.

But what is interesting is it says it allows 50% more air flow over conventianal cotton filters and i should see HP and MPG increases... Can anyone vouch for that, or is that just sales gimic.

I would love to have a real intake set up but there is no smog legal version for my truck :flipthebird: .

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did an oil change today and needed a new air filter, been about 10k since i put a new air filter in... I saw one of those K&N drop-ins for about $60, so i got it. I got it because of the fact i dont have to replace a new filter ever again, so in about 3 filters it will pay for its self.

But what is interesting is it says it allows 50% more air flow over conventianal cotton filters and i should see HP and MPG increases... Can anyone vouch for that, or is that just sales gimic.

I would love to have a real intake set up but there is no smog legal version for my truck :flipthebird: .
I have one, no difference that I have noticed with daily driving.

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins

Haven't had one in my ram but I did put one in my old danger ranger. Noticed a small increase in MPG's but nothing really in terms on hp.

As for smog legal. You can always find a shop that'll over look an intake. If you don't want to take that risk you could always get one and just change it back to stock whenever you take'er in

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to preserve the warranty for as long as possible haha, so when it wears off I may switch to a 2012 intake system... Just wondering if yall think these are worth the money? Its too late, I think there cool. I like the fact that its oiled and can clean it

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I run one in mine as well now for a year, no difference.

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have the same filter but I also did a econoaid throttle body booster (cant remember part #) at the same time and ive noticed a tad better launch and it seems to cruise easier. but ive got about a 1-1.5 better mpg. and the booster is only 30-40$ also the 1-1.5 extra mpg isn't me just going of what the truck says. that's me filling up at the exact same pump everytime and doing the calculations myself.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
50% more flow means nothing if the engine can't ingest it,,, The same OEM filter is used on the 6.4, so I doubt it's holding your 4.7 back..

Cleaning filters,,, It's just one of those thing you've got to want to do,,, I've cleaned enough to realize it's a time consuming PITA, Completely unnecessary if you simply stick with OEM 'throw and go' paper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone told me those filters suck because they allow small particle through and over time hurt the engine, any truth to that?

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ive noticed a small increase in mpg but maybe .5, I mainly got it for the reusability over the "performance" increase.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I got one and it sounds really good but horse power you will not see. If any gains are to be seen you need a custom tune.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got it aswell for the resuable, but i was googling last night and i have seen mixed things about dusting an engine with these filters. I personally think if these filters didnt filter they would go out of business...