Kansas State Troopers or KC police using hellcats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I am cruising through KC on the west side on I70 on my way west in my 16 Ram 1500, just passed a couple of Troopers ( I think they were State Troopers, it was dark) that were on the side of the road with a pulled over car - several were there, looked like a speed trap and I was 5-10 mph over the limit.
So they didn't pull out after me and I was only 1 of a couple cars on the road at the time.
All of a sudden this Challenger blows by me doing at least 100 mph (I was doing about 60 mph) and accelerating hard and it sounded mean, but didn't hear any blower whine.

I said to the wife, I wonder if the police are going to go after them, but if they are, there's no way they are going to catch up as he was out of sight in seconds!

Less than a minute later , maybe only 15-30 seconds, another challenger goes by at about the same speed - same acceleration and sounds identical. My first thought is street racers. However, he hits the lights as he passes me and is definitely full throttle and moving.
15-30 secs after him a Durango goes by me - sounds just a mean and moving just as good as the Challengers. He hits the lights right as he gets to me and off he goes.

Saw them pulled over at different places but not one had a Challenger pulled over, so I don't know if the first Challenger was a Police car or not.

These had to all be SRT's at a minimum.

Just wondering if they are using SRT's or Hellcats if anyone knows. They sounded great and had incredible acceleration.

Anyone know?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that some States confiscate vehicles involved in Felonies
Then they use the good ones as part of their fleet

Connecticut State Troopers used to use a couple of Grand Nationals that had been involved in a couple of different crimes

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Strongly doubt they are Hellcats or SRTs, unless confiscated cars repurposed. Police package Chargers are 5.7L and AWD. Transmission is the older one, either 5 or 6 speed I'm brain farting at the moment, the 8 speed won't fit with the hemi and the transfer case. They aren't Hellcat fast, but they are very quick, especially on the interstate where the nannies don't pull it back.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
We have 2 CHP officers here in Riverside County that have Hellcats , one is an all white and the other one is all black ... the one in the all black dresses up in this suit that honestly looks like he would be Robocop lol .. he has a tactical helmet with a suit that mostly swat officers wear ... this guy has been here in this area since around 1998 and is a really cool officer ...

But yes, CP here in Riverside has 2 Hellcats that I have seen myself ... I also saw a video about North Carolina state troopers having Hellcats here is the video ..

Hemi-Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know that some States confiscate vehicles involved in Felonies
Then they use the good ones as part of their fleet

Connecticut State Troopers used to use a couple of Grand Nationals that had been involved in a couple of different crimes
CT State Police also purchased Turbo Regal T's specifically for police service in 1987. There was a small squad of SSP Mustang Coupes in the early 90s, and B4C Camaros just before the 4th gen cars were phased out (early 2000s).

Old Sarge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked with a dispatch friend in the area. Locals have standard hemis. State has standard hemis too but she doesn't know if the state has any Hellcats. But if there were several of them they were most likely not state as they usually don't have more than one in an area.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Police vehicles are usually purchased on a state bid (certain vehicles/pricing). The Chargers will no longer have the 5.7 Hemi all wheel drive police package anymore. The all wheel drive Hemi Chargers have the 5 speed in them. Sad...love driving them. They really are solid vehicles.

If there is anything other than what's on a state bid, it's probably purchased direct from a dealer and then had extra outfitted to them.