Key fob question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Collado1121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need new key fobs.. thinking buying them off eBay? Is it hard to program them or is there another thread?

2010 ram 1500 sel hemi 5.7

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You can program them with the AlphaOBD. The directions are in the first post of the AlphaOBD thread in the DIY Section.

ibourque154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I needed new fobs as well. ended up buying a pair off Amazon for 25$ and had a local locksmith program them for 75$. So 100$ for 2 fobs. I was happy with that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Robs46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
I have a question about the programming. I made the mistake of just google searching and not actually going to a forum and reading around before I incorrectly assumed I could program my own new second key FOB :(. I went to Amazon and bought a cheap one, followed the online instructions and low and be hold of course it didn't work. I attempted the processes probably a dozen times, multiple different ways. So I gave up and decided to go to a locksmith and just buy a new one and have them program it. However, when the guy went to program the new FOB it failed, like 4-5 times. He suggested that their may be some sort of software lockout that is preventing me to program a new key since I incorrectly tried to program the other one so many times. Has anyone heard of this and if so, how do I correct it. TIA