Keyfob works on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin Deschenes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
hi,
i lost one key fob, so only one left.
The problem start with not being able to unlock the truck. It’s an 2014 Laramie with key less and go.
Here and there it didn’t recognized the fob so I had to start pushing the button with the fob. At the beginning I changed the battery and it was working but very fast i realized the battery was still good so removed it and put it back works.
But now it stoped working except I able to start pushing the button with keyfob still works.

I use Alfaobd to program more keyfob but it fail. If I try to reprogram the one that is working it says already programmed. I already used Alfaobd to reset the RFHub and reconnect with the ecu.

the odd think is that it might works here and there but for a very short period. Very often when the truck is running it says key not detected. Key left the véhicule when it is still on the console.

any idea what I should try? What test should I do with Alfaobd.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Batteries are designed to provide full voltage until they are dead. Most likely you have a bad battery and why would you put an old $3 battery back into the fob?