Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group - is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi all,

I'm currently shopping for a 2019 Laramie as I really want the heated/cooled bucket seats. The choices on built trucks are not that plentiful as I want a CC 6'4 Hemi. So as I can't wait three months to have one built, I may have to make compromises regarding the rest of the options.

Some I found have Level 1 Equipment Group, some Level 2. It seems like the differences are not that great, especially if you don't need the NAV. Sadly the advanced safety package can only be ordered with Level 2, as it sems.

So my question to those with Laramies and Level 2: would you order it again? Is there anything in the package you'd miss if you didn't have it?

Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What all is included in the 2019 Level 2 group?

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Level 2 Equipment Group

$4,595
INCLUDES:

19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
Blind-Spot with Cross-Path Detection
Foam Bottle Insert (Door Trim Panel)
Heated Second-Row Seats
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Rear Under-Seat Compartment Storage
Remote Tailgate-Release
Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split-Recline Seat
Single-Disc Remote CD Player
Tailgate-Ajar Warning Lamp
Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display
RamCharger Wireless Charging Pad

vs.

Level 1 Equipment Group

$1,600
INCLUDES:

Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
Blind-Spot with Cross-Path Detection
Foam Bottle Insert (Door Trim Panel)
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Remote Tailgate-Release
Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split-Recline Seat
Single-Disc Remote CD Player
Tailgate-Ajar Warning Lamp

So effectively it's the NAV, the heated rear seats (which the bucket seats include anyway), the rear storage and, of course, the sound system.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Only thing on that list that I wouldn’t say is a must but pretty cool is the cross path detection. For everything else a $5k pill is hard to swallow.

I was kind of in the same boat as being a family of 5 I really wanted the advanced safety group. By the time you add that and Level 2 you are nearing Limited territory. If the budget allows maybe start looking at Limiteds. I think you pretty much get everything on that list standard (except HK Sound System) plus air ride and power sidesteps, and the 12 inch screen. Still have to add the Safety group but almost all pre-builts I looked at had it already. That’s the route I went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It’s funny as my Laramie is about as basic as you can get lol. The only extras I seem to have are the heated / cooled seats, and led lighting. That’s ok as the other safety stuff really does not interest me and I definitely did not want a 12” screen. Not knocking those that have them, I just wanted simplicity with mine. :)

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s funny as my Laramie is about as basic as you can get lol. The only extras I seem to have are the heated / cooled seats, and led lighting. That’s ok as the other safety stuff really does not interest me and I definitely did not want a 12” screen. Not knocking those that have them, I just wanted simplicity with mine. :)
I realize that I have a 4th gen but the most important part of choosing the Laramie over a lower trim level for me was that the push button start, cooled seats and partially real leather seats were standard. I don't think any of those features are available on the lower trims at least from the factory anyway.

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As far as I know you can't get the heated/cooled leather seats on the trims below Laramie, that's why I'm looking for one. I currently have them on my 2010 Sport and love them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now for me I have heated/ cooled seats in all of my cars but I personally never use the cool features. Not that I am against them, I just more so use the ac part to cool. As crazy as it may seem, most times I don’t remember that I have cooled seats. [emoji23] [emoji23]

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now for me I have heated/ cooled seats in all of my cars but I personally never use the cool features. Not that I am against them, I just more so use the ac part to cool. As crazy as it may seem, most times I don’t remember that I have cooled seats. [emoji23] [emoji23]
I live in coastal South Carolina and the humidity is a real ***** down here so that’s why I like them so much not to mention they’re great when you wear shorts a lot.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That’s funny as I’ll be in North Carolina this Sunday until I leave for my trip.

jlo7693

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter V8 Hemi
I live in New Orleans. I turned off the heated/cooled seats. As hot as it gets, the AC is enough for me.

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
To get back on topic: do those with the level 1 package feel that the audio system is not adequate for delivering a good sound?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
I had the Alpine system in both my 2011 and 2016 Rams. I thought they were pretty good for a stock system. After picking up my 2019 yesterday with the Harmon Kardon system, I will just tell you to get it. It sounds so much better than the Alpine in my opinion. It sounds crisper to me when streaming music. It still sounds crappy with XM like the Alpine, however.

Audio sound is very subjective and I know some new owners have said they prefer the Alpine, I am not one of them.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Again as stated sound is subjective as us giving you our opinions on which one for you to choose op. The only true way and I’m sure all will agree is to go where these vehicles are and see for yourself. :)

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, that's the drawback, I'm currently outside the US and will need a truck when I return in a month. As the configurations I'm interested in are pretty scarce, I am willing to travel a bit to get the truck I want, but not just to look around.
So I'm trying to buy one beforehand blindly, and I am sure I won't be disappointed with the Gen5. Not with all the info and reviews you guys posted all around here!

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6

omg please use your cooled seats,

they help so much with swamp ass, lol they are a life saver after working out

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
I have Level 1. It has NAV and the Alpine system is really nice. Not having the factory underseat storage actually gives me more space and options. I don’t r ally use the Nav since I use my Waze app most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unoccupied Mass

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know this isn't what you asked, but you may want to consider taking the money you're thinking of spending on the package upgrade and put it toward a diesel instead. I bought a 2017 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 6.4L Laramie. Loved the engine, hated the fuel economy. In SW Idaho, there aren't really options for mid-grade gas, so I was putting in premium gas, which a lot of stations sell for more than the price of diesel. I was averaging around 11 mpg. In February I traded in the 6.4L for a diesel in almost the exact same configuration (I have the bucket seats with the tan interior) and am averaging 16 to 17 mpg. Just food for thought. BTW, I love the cooled seats, especially in the 110 degree heat we had last week.