Laramie Sport hood question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hutch8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
Nice forum! I am new here after purchasing my new 2019 1500 Laramie Sport last week. My prior vehicle was totaled in a collision a few weeks ago. They is my first Dodge/Ram product and so far I am impressed.

Now on to my question regarding the plastic bezel/badge/vent assembly on the Sport hood. It appears that the back edge of that piece needs some minor trimming to sit flush with the hood. There is a gap on one side, very visible from the driver's seat and, although nothing function related, it is a very annoying fit/finish flaw. It could be easily fixed with a little sanding if I could get to it, but there is no way to do it with out removing that whole piece. I know it is installed with clips and have read the other posts here discussing removal.....some say the clips break and one says they don't if removed carefully. I have some experience removing interior panels, but have never removed any exterior components with clips. I am hesitant to approach my dealer with this since it's a fairly minor issue and they are some distance away. If I can get it off without breaking the clips I'm good to go.

Any advice would be appreciated....such an easy fix but so hard to get to. Thanks!