Leather dashboard 2021 Ram 1500 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davi884497

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 non etorque
Hey everyone,

Anyone who is experiencing an issue with their dashboard bubbling, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a direct message so that we can get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares
Hi Callie/Ram Cares, I just pm'd you, I really hope you can help out.

Zarillus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Been an absolute nightmare trying to get the dash replaced for over 3 weeks can somebody provide some assistance without me having to do all the legwork and inform the dealer on how to wrk with Ramcares?? Why these dashes are not part of a recall is beyond me.You have thousands of people with this problem.Not great for brand loyalty.

Zarillus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hey!

We appreciate you tagging us! At this time, we are keeping track of our customers who are experiencing this issue. If anyone in this thread needs assistance, DM or tag us!

Callie
Ram Cares
Yes, RamCares informed me that they cannot even reach the Service mgr to talk too for over a week!? And that is what the update was when he talked to me.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Been an absolute nightmare trying to get the dash replaced for over 3 weeks can somebody provide some assistance without me having to do all the legwork and inform the dealer on how to wrk with Ramcares?? Why these dashes are not part of a recall is beyond me.You have thousands of people with this problem.Not great for brand loyalty.
This will never be a recall since those are primarily for safety related issues. About the best we can hope for is a warranty extension like they just did with the 3rd brake light for some model years.

Bsaysettw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@RamCares . Same situation here with dash bubbles.Help please. See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 8

gilleprise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a 2019 and have not use alld anything on my dashboard, the adhedsive seems to be failing , bubbles all over,what do i do 40,000 miles now

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Let's see, a concave surface with a natural material that expands and contracts with changes in heat, temperature and humidity glued to it. What could possibly go wrong. Not blaming the people who purchased the trucks.

In other industries that use leather, something like this would have incorporated a decorative element to conceal a mechanical (tacks, stitching, etc.) in the bottom of the concave shape to hold the leather down. Glue is simply not going to hold over the long term.

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have a 2014 Laramie with a leather dash (stitching too) and almost 100K miles on it. It has experienced temps of near 100 degrees as well as temps 25-30 below zero (Fahrenheit obviously). Dash looks the same as when new.
I have a 2024 Limited on order... sure hope it doesn't do this

Bob2020RamLimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey everyone,

Anyone who is experiencing an issue with their dashboard bubbling, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a direct message so that we can get you some assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares
Hi Callie,
I'm having the same issue with with my 2020 Ram Limited, bought new and now has 53k miles. Sent you a PM, please contact me or let me know what to do.
Bob

Bob2020RamLimited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi Callie,
I'm having the same issue with with my 2020 Ram Limited, bought new and now has 53k miles. Sent you a PM, please contact me or let me know what to do.
Bob
Someone from @RamCares responded to my PM and we're corresponding about the issue. I'll update this as things progress.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Callie
I am having the same problem with the bubbling dash on my 2020 Ram 2500 can you help? @RamCares

Hello,

Please send us a PM with your VIN and mileage, we'd be happy to look further into this concern for you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pleased to say Ram Cares does care. Guys make sure you PM them and if lucky they will help. I had to go through email validation and then check you junk mail to make sure you don't miss it like I did. I have my truck in shop for a dash replacement now. Thank your Ram Cares!

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pleased to say Ram Cares does care. Guys make sure you PM them and if lucky they will help. I had to go through email validation and then check you junk mail to make sure you don't miss it like I did. I have my truck in shop for a dash replacement now. Thank your Ram Cares!
All fixed. Be aware that I am note able to get my truck to pass inspection since this repair was done. It has been driver 300 miles so far after and some of the emission monitors are not clearing (reporting in yet), dealer says it may take a while so I have a past due inspection and nothing, I can do about it till the emmission clears.

Bill T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 and I am having the same (dash developing bubbles) problem I always use an aluminum windshield reflector when I park my truck. Current mileage just under 19,000.
I will try Ram Cares and see what they say.

kthibs22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares Hello, I am having the same issue with my Ram Limited 2020. I sent a private conversation to you as well.