Leaving Toyota for a Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
21 warlock hemi 8 speed 3.92 gears with warlock all terrain package here. amazing truck on and offroad. love everything about it no problems so far

Attachments

• 20221112_130747.jpg
    20221112_130747.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
DaRealSully

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
Tacomas are good reliable trucks but imo they are too small inside and the beds are too small.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ram! Nice color, is that Billet?
Thanks Razaa - yeah billet silver...

OP
OP
DaRealSully

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
Congrats! Retired USAF MSgt as well. Did 4 more as a contractor then dumped the clearance and have been working for Kaiser for almost 8 years.

I also traded in my 2009 DC Tacoma Sport last year for a '21 1500 ED. I loved the Tacoma and it handled everything I threw at it, but it is still a small truck and I was tired of bouncing around in it. The Ram is SO much bigger and I love it!

One note about the Tacoma - the rusted frame was replaced in 2020 for free by Toyota. Someone is going to drive that truck until the apocalypse :)
Thanks Kenobi... Yeah, I got a lot of work/fun out of my Taco, but I have a pontoon boat and a carhauler that I put my Kubota tractor on... I don't tow often, but often enough...

OP
OP
DaRealSully

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
Bedliner sprayed in. She's FOC!

Attachments

• 20221129_131536 (2).jpg
    20221129_131536 (2).jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221129_131637 (2).jpg
    20221129_131637 (2).jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
DaRealSully

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
RamDiver - I wish it was "free of charge"... But the bedliner was my final requirement to reach "full operational capability". Still have a few things to do to it, but those are niceties... Now I can tow, haul, get in and out without a ladder or a parachute, and drive without sunglasses... FOC has been achieved! Coming soon - bed-side vinyls, a window vinyl, and some rattle-can undercoating...

OP
OP
DaRealSully

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
...and while not a vehicle mod, I need to trim branches back on the trail to my pond to avoid trail stripes on my new toy. I have to baby it until some jerk in a parking lot parks next to it and dings it with the door. Once the first ding has occurred then it's a "don't worry about it" work truck ;-)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...and while not a vehicle mod, I need to trim branches back on the trail to my pond to avoid trail stripes on my new toy. I have to baby it until some jerk in a parking lot parks next to it and dings it with the door. Once the first ding has occurred then it's a "don't worry about it" work truck ;-)

You know, I had a few mishaps with my Tundra over 14 years and about 170K miles but most paled in comparison to a few of the parking lot dings it received.

I'm sick to death of irresponsible parking lot fools. I'm one of those people that park far away from store entrances, around the back of the building where employees park, or on the street up the road if I can.

The only time I had a car door get away from me in the wind that damaged the side mirror of the car next to me, I put a note on the windshield and paid for a new mirror. It sucked to pay out but it would have been far worse to abandon the responsibility and pi$$ off a stranger, finding their car damaged.

Most parking lots around here, other than Costco have shrunk the parking spaces to Honda Civic size, our trucks are too large to fit with any reasonable clearance. Even at Costco, I prefer to park far away.

No damage on my Ram truck after 11 months and about 10K miles, I hope to keep it that way for a while.

Walking a short bit farther while parking is easy. :cool:

OP
OP
DaRealSully

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
You know, I had a few mishaps with my Tundra over 14 years and about 170K miles but most paled in comparison to a few of the parking lot dings it received.

I'm sick to death of irresponsible parking lot fools. I'm one of those people that park far away from store entrances, around the back of the building where employees park, or on the street up the road if I can.

The only time I had a car door get away from me in the wind that damaged the side mirror of the car next to me, I put a note on the windshield and paid for a new mirror. It sucked to pay out but it would have been far worse to abandon the responsibility and pi$$ off a stranger, finding their car damaged.

Most parking lots around here, other than Costco have shrunk the parking spaces to Honda Civic size, our trucks are too large to fit with any reasonable clearance. Even at Costco, I prefer to park far away.

No damage on my Ram truck after 11 months and about 10K miles, I hope to keep it that way for a while.

Walking a short bit farther while parking is easy. :cool:
Good on ya for paying for the mirror, and if you're older like me, the walk is good for us ;-)