LED bulbs?!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pmed499

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im sure this dead horse has been beat repeatedly, but I’m looking to upgrade to LED headlights on my 07 1500 SLT. Most reviews I’ve read note flicker problems with the low beams even with resistors. Looking for recommendations? Again sorry if this is a repeat post? I’m new here!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My understanding is, as long as you go with a good quality bulb, you shouldn’t have any problems with flicker and stuff like that.

I’d recommend the LED bulbs I used for the highbeams in my 4th Gen that have been absolutely wonderful but apparently the company Vanquish Auto where mine came from, went out of business not too long ago.

There’s other good brands that members on here have used without problem, I just can’t remember what they are so hopefully you’ll get more people on here to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im sure this dead horse has been beat repeatedly, but I’m looking to upgrade to LED headlights on my 07 1500 SLT. Most reviews I’ve read note flicker problems with the low beams even with resistors. Looking for recommendations? Again sorry if this is a repeat post? I’m new here!

I'm sorry don't know alot about this, but i can tell you i read on here somewhere, i believe in the alpha obd thread that there is a setting that you can change but you have to have the alpha obd app. Also i don't know if this will even work on a truck of yours age. If i find it i will post the link in here.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine

My 07 worked just fine with these headlights... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Bulbs-H4...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and these resistors https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H13-900...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

No flicker, no delay, just great light

XtremeAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 1500 Laramie with projector headlights. The stock halogens are the most pitiful lights ever, so I wanted to upgrade to LEDs. I went down the path of AlfaOBD, OBDlink MX, and used an old Android phone to update the settings. (BTW, AlphaOBD is great and Alexey is great to work with!) I went with Hikari "Eyes of Megatron" LED bulbs, followed the guides for changing the configuration settings to LED lights and all was well. Until, of course, low beam light errors started showing up. Dang!

Hikari makes CANBus adapters and I tried those - no joy. I have tried all possible combinations of settings in the configuration and w/ or w/o adapters, all still throw codes... But, I did notice something unique: I get codes (and lose my low beams) only during the daytime. If I start before sunrise or after dark and the lights come on immediately, they would stay on without throwing codes. To verify this, I have spent the last couple of days doing more troubleshooting: whenever I drive the truck, I alternate putting a piece of cloth over the light sensor on the dash (so that the automatic headlights would stay on) and removing the cloth. The results are fairly conclusive - every time the cloth is in place at startup, no error codes. Every time the cloth is removed (during daylight hours), low beam error code. Again, this is independent of whether the vehicle configuration is with or without LED low beams selected and with or without the blasted adapters.

Anybody seeing anything similar with LED headlights and their CANBus?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I just stuffed some LED headlight bulbs (9007) in my '05 that I got off ebay for $12. and no flicker, but I also didn't have any high beams. Turns out the led bulb pigtail was wired different than a std halogen bulb. After changing the wiring on the pigtail, they work fine and are much brighter than the halogens. So in my wisdom, I decided to upgrade all the exterior lights with led. Checked a socket in the rear and determined they were 'CK' wired sockets and ordered the bulbs and resistors. Turns out, the front signals are Standard sockets and I blew a few fuses before I figured that out. Just recvd my 'Std' leds and will be installing them in the front tomorrow. Are we having fun yet? haha :Stupid Me: