Led Headlight Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMan18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got some led headlight bulbs without the anti flicker boxes because I don’t think my truck has the canbus system. It doesn’t tell me I have a bulb out so I came to that conclusion. I put the bulbs in and they worked fine without key power, just by turning the dial. Then when I started the truck with low beams on they flickered and shut off. Flick the high beams on and they come on like normal. They didn’t seem to flicker when the truck was off either like I have read about. What could be the problem here?

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If the truck your talking about is the 2006 that truck is canbus. I didn't think there was a 3.7 engine offered in 2006. You need the 50 Watt 5 ohm resisters installed to make the flicker go away.

Mike

OP
OP
MoparMan18

MoparMan18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is a v6 3.7 6 speed manual. I haven’t seen another one around here. I’ve found that answer a few other places for similar problems and I’m going to wire in some resistors next.

OP
OP
MoparMan18

MoparMan18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the truck your talking about is the 2006 that truck is canbus. I didn't think there was a 3.7 engine offered in 2006. You need the 50 Watt 5 ohm resisters installed to make the flicker go away.

Mike
How do I install them exactly. Just in-line with my low beam hot wire or jump from the hot to ground?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
DSCF2163.JPG DSCF2130.JPG Jump from the hot to the ground/and make sure you mount them on a metal surface because they will get real warm (hot). I'll see if I can find my pics I took when I did mine and post them here. I posted them before so maybe a search will turn them up.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I couldn't find the others, but the one shows the headlight compartment and the other shows the tail light compartment. They're really simple with the little wire connecters that come with them. Good luck,

Stuffonthewall

truck life
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having the exact same issue in my 2007 6.7. What resistors did you end up going with, and did it solve your problem?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I am having the exact same issue in my 2007 6.7. What resistors did you end up going with, and did it solve your problem?
6 Watt 50 Ohm resistors. Some people call them decoders, but they are nothing more than a simple resistor. You just want to make sure you mount them on metal because they get really hot-they're designed that way. Leds don't draw enough juice so the brain thinks your lights are burnt out. Simple-don't over think it.