LED pod reverse lights installed!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Had them for a few weeks, but haven't had time to get pics.
Used some L brackets I had laying around. Painted them black and bolted them on.

LED%20pod%20back%20up%20lights%202.jpg

IMG_20160306_181530.jpg

LED%20pod%20back%20up%20lights.jpg

Question though. I still can't find the right wire to tap on the trailer harness
I think it's a white wire but there's like 5 of them.

I have it taped into my back cam, but it seems to be messing with the picture when I put it in reverse. So I want to tap the trailer harness..

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just spliced into the trailer wiring to hook mine up too. Don't remember the wire color. Do you have a test light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just spliced into the trailer wiring to hook mine up too. Don't remember the wire color. Do you have a test light?

You know I do. Didn't even think about using that.

According to the diagram on the cover it's the center wire. When I get under the truck that looks to be the green wire but that's not it. lol

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks good. Going to be angry people when you're backing out/in of parking spots

IMO

Which is why, if I ever do this mod they aren't going to be spliced in to the reverse lights. Seems slightly rude to be using things like that when in the city backing in to parking lots.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which is why, if I ever do this mod they aren't going to be spliced in to the reverse lights. Seems slightly rude to be using things like that when in the city backing in to parking lots.

Well I don't live in a big big city, but I would think it would be less bright will all the CITY lights around. lol

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well I don't live in a big big city, but I would think it would be less bright will all the CITY lights around. lol

IDK, those guys that think it is cool to drive with their off road LED bars on down the highway are still bright as hell in the city haha.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IDK, those guys that think it is cool to drive with their off road LED bars on down the highway are still bright as hell in the city haha.

I too have noticed more people driving with them on now.

I will admit I turn my only when it's raining really bad but it's only been during the day and only on a 2+ lane road.

hahhaahaha.

I think the ******** idiots who don't aim there HIDs are worse. Then they get the 10K and 12K ones thinking they can actually see better.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I too have noticed more people driving with them on now.

I will admit I turn my only when it's raining really bad but it's only been during the day and only on a 2+ lane road.

hahhaahaha.

I think the ******** idiots who don't aim there HIDs are worse. Then they get the 10K and 12K ones thinking they can actually see better.

Hey man, my green and purple HIDs are legit!! JK, I don't have them. OPT7 here.

swezy207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if you figured out which wire it is for the trailer harness yet, but, the white wire with the red stripe was the center pin on mine.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually no I haven't fooled with it but thanks. Going to try it

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Had them for a few weeks, but haven't had time to get pics.

Used some L brackets I had laying around. Painted them black and bolted them on.

LED%20pod%20back%20up%20lights%202.jpg

IMG_20160306_181530.jpg

LED%20pod%20back%20up%20lights.jpg

Question though. I still can't find the right wire to tap on the trailer harness

I think it's a white wire but there's like 5 of them.

I have it taped into my back cam, but it seems to be messing with the picture when I put it in reverse. So I want to tap the trailer harness..

Can you post a pic with them off to see how they look under the truck

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know if you figured out which wire it is for the trailer harness yet, but, the white wire with the red stripe was the center pin on mine.

Bingo thanks man.
I wasn't even thinking right when I first was doing this.
I was trying to tap into my 3 way trailer harness adapter and it has mostly white wires.

Can you post a pic with them off to see how they look under the truck

You can see pretty good when looking from the back. That's why I bought some different length bolts and some washers to see if I can move them up some.

After thinking about though, it's almost better where there at. So most of the light hits the ground instead of up underneeth.

Might also raise them up, then angle pod light brackets down.
Not sure yet.

Also how long are the L brackets? From the hitch down?

I will have to measure them. I think there 2 inch ones. Just the smaller ones you can get at any hardware store.

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sub'd. Ordered lights today

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would have em on a switch for those ass riding fools you encounter from time to time!! :)

Gotta be careful with that. Sometimes those fools have bright lights of their own...red and blue flashing ones.