LED Swap - List of bulbs/sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwclarksr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L - 287cid
On the centre console, where the button/knob is for the 4x4 and seat warmers... does that light up?

Very rare I drive at night, since middle-of-nowhere so nowhere to drive to. :)

Anyways, got my stereo installed, and at night was playing with settings and noticed that the knob for the 4x4 lights up, nothing else does in that section, except the LED that comes on when the 4x4 switched or seats turned on. Otherwise no backlight at all. Can't recall if was one before or not, in case I loosened a wired when doing the stereo install.

Also, the 3 buttons (AC/Defrost/Recirculate) light up an LED when pressed, but when off, totally dark at night, can't see them at all.

That normal?

Can't help you on the 4x4 question, mine is a 4x2. As for the other, you have 3 buttons? Mine only has AC & Defrost. I do believe the buttons themselves light up as well as the amber light above it when the button is pressed. I'll confirm it more after I switch the lights from Pure White LEDs to Green LEDs. The Pure White doesn't emit that much light, as seen below. So I'm gonna give green a try.

20180518_033636.jpg

mwclarksr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L - 287cid
Can't help you on the 4x4 question, mine is a 4x2. As for the other, you have 3 buttons? Mine only has AC & Defrost. I do believe the buttons themselves light up as well as the amber light above it when the button is pressed. I'll confirm it more after I switch the lights from Pure White LEDs to Green LEDs. The Pure White doesn't emit that much light, as seen below. So I'm gonna give green a try.

Update: So, it's actually my Climate Control lighting system that is not working properly, not the LEDs. Only 1 of them light up, so I need to get a replacement Climate Control. As for the AC & Defrost buttons, yes they do light up also. So if yours are not lit up, then it's the bulb closest to the buttons that is burnt out.

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Ya, mine have a small LED light that goes one when pressed, but backlighting is dead. 3rd button I have is to recirculate the AC air inside the cab vs bringing in fresh air. Not sure if it's working properly though... I mean AC is working (noisy, suspect the bearing on the compressor) but difference between low and high, isn't as much as I expected. Worried it's that fan issue in the cab where the flap falls off and needs the whole dash ripped out essentially to fix.

For the 4x4 panel, that also has seat warmers... all I have is the small LED on showing I'm in 2WD, rest is black.

Guess time to get some bulbs. I'll have to re-read through... I know what to get for the instrument cluster, can't recall what to get for the centre of the dash.

2ndA732

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have flickering LED syndrome? Changed my dome lights from incadescent to LED, flickered after a couple months. Yanked them out, trying to find a fix.

mwclarksr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L - 287cid
Anyone have flickering LED syndrome? Changed my dome lights from incadescent to LED, flickered after a couple months. Yanked them out, trying to find a fix.

I can't say that mine is doing it but, what it is doing now is in will stay on very lowly lit. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. Your issue could be connection related. Either the LED is making a good contact now, or a loose connection in the dome light wiring. That's all I can think of now.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
did you get canbus leds? ive had a ebay china special in my truck for a year no problems.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
my truck is an 05 I used canbus in it no problems. the way the tpim controls junk on this prob what you need.

2ndA732

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the responses, i'll try the canbus LEDs and see if i have better results. I initially thought the connection was my problem, but after swapping it with an LED that does work it appears it's the LEDs. Strange because they worked fine a few months ago.

thanks again, ill keep you posted.

adrian_cast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L

Yes. I just changed mine out tonight and that’s what was happening to mine! I must have taken them in and out like 10x. Then only some would work. I just kept trying new light bulbs because i got a pack until they worked. I noticed it was flickering when everything wasn’t plugged in when i had the dash apart. Once everything was connected it didn’t do it anymore. Man that was annoying.