LED tailight problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Cummins
Hello im new here but the threads seem very helpful and hoping someone can help me. I purchased new LED tailights for my truck and have had problem after problem getting them to work. I installed resistors to both of the turn signal lines, that cured the hyper flash and sort of the lamp out warning. problem im having now is that whenever i use the turn signal the lamp out light comes on and flashes the same as the turn signal indicator? Ive checked all connections and everything seems good, not sure where to go from here. Thank you for any help

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Did you just buy the bulbs or is this a whole LED light assembly?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jeff P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Cummins
I bought the whole assembly. the issues keeps changing. now the lamp out light flashing with turn signal seems to have stopped and is on all the time. i am going to try adding resistors to the running light lines, if that doesnt solve then will add them to the brake light lines.

Johnsram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmmm...

I've installed aftermarket led's on my Ram w/o a problem. Most are plug and play...are yours? What is the brand, and are they new?

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hmmm...

I've installed aftermarket led's on my Ram w/o a problem. Most are plug and play...are yours? What is the brand, and are they new?
See this is where I'm confused. I have a set of sonars on my truck and they are plug and play. I haven't had any problems

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jeff P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Cummins
mine stated plug and play but not the case. i purchased them new on ebay, said speed daddy brand. adding resistors fixed the hyperflash issue. they have a 4 wire connection so going to attempt to add resistors to the running light wires and then the brake light wires if needed to see if that corrects the lamp out light

Screenshot_20181129-191143_eBay.jpg