LEDs for high and low beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just wanting to see if anyone has used LEDs for high and low beams,(H-11,9005/Hb3)? if so how was the output? I would like to do highs,lows and fogs in led if i get good feed back.

i have tried searching on here for info but no luck.

thanks guys and stay warm

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it and post results please

OP
OP
H

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol i want to but would like some experienced folk that have done it for input. i don't wanna dish out the cash and it flops

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A friend of mine has them in his fog lights and says that his regular head lights can over power them.

I have LED tail lights and 3rd brake light.

Here is how they look.

P1030651_zps4831e088.jpg

P1030650_zps0804c187.jpg

OP
OP
H

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the info. im in the processes of change my rear lights to led now

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LED tails are awesome. Heads and fogs, stick with HID. IMO they are not bright enough yet.

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Do not buy any of the "led headlight bulb" products out there, you will be dissappointed I promise.

First, there is no drop-in LED bulb available that puts out even 1/2 of the light that your factory incandescent headlight bulb produces. So forget that option. If you'd like LED turn signals or taillights, sure, those exist for sure, but there is no comparable product for headlights - yet. Led's appear bright when you look directly at them, and as such they work great in small lenses where they are intended to "light up" more than they are supposed to actually throw light.

There is a reason that only a handful of vehicles come from the factory with true led headlamps, and they are DRASTICALLY different in form and function than a bulb in a halogen reflector housing, not to mention quite pricey. Your money would be best spent on a projector retrofit with an HID setup.