Left headlights fix...thanks to this forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
So coming home from the Super Bowl party last night my left headlights were out, both high & low.
No dash warnings, and it didn't seem logical that both bulbs would burn out at the same time.

Thanks to a 2 year old post by @Thelegendl23 here, I tried his solution and it worked!
knJNzLo.jpg

Checked the connector pins, all good. Dabbed some dielectric grease and reconnected.
Shook the harness and the lights flickered on/off. Did the jumper on the black/blue striped wire and they stayed on, no matter how hard I shook & tugged the harness.

SO glad I joined here!

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Checked all that, NOTHING
so I guess I am going tomlet drealership figure it out,
UNLESS any other ideas.
Still dont think both would go out at same time.

AZRickD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Handy advice.

I'll start tearing into mine tomorrow.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So coming home from the Super Bowl party last night my left headlights were out, both high & low.
No dash warnings, and it didn't seem logical that both bulbs would burn out at the same time.

Thanks to a 2 year old post by @Thelegendl23 here, I tried his solution and it worked!
knJNzLo.jpg

Checked the connector pins, all good. Dabbed some dielectric grease and reconnected.
Shook the harness and the lights flickered on/off. Did the jumper on the black/blue striped wire and they stayed on, no matter how hard I shook & tugged the harness.

SO glad I joined here!

What exactly is that jumper wire doing? Is this for quad headlight trucks.

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yes, for quads.
Jumper bypasses the ground wire connection inside the plug.

Parhelion Dogs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, wish I had joined here sooner. I have had this issue twice already in my 2012. I took it to the dealership last year and they replaced the wiring harness. Few months later it was out again, would sometimes come back on. I just took it again and picked it up Tuesday, thankfully, they warrantied the last repair and did not charge me. For now, the light is on.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

knJNzLo.jpg

SO glad I joined here!

New question. Why keep the ground going through the oem connectors? Why not just depin it from each side?