Leveled 03 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sams47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after removing that horrid 3" "lift kit" I finally finished the truck new wheel bearings new ball joints pressed in and new control arms for both sides. The truck does have a t bar crank. Here's what I don't understand. When the truck is off jack stands the weight of the truck puts everything at a healthy looking angle ball joints aren't squished and my cv boots look completely fine. Had truck out for 10 mins and I saw that lovely coating of grease on my driver side fender well. There's literally the smallest slit in the boot right where the clamp is (inside my wheel hub basically) maybe I tore the boot when installing it?? Nothing's rubbing the boot and I just don't get it. I'm sure everyone sees these posts I'm just really lost. At this point I think I'm going to get my alignment and let the cv throw grease until it fails. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks - Sam. Also, I've read numerous things about cheap grease liquefying and all types of crazy stuff. Got these half shafts off eBay and I installed them on both sides passenger and driver side.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Sorry for your troubles. Rebuilds with soft rubber are no good. You got two options, change boot and both clamps which is a PIA or get a warrantied piece or like what I did after 5 shaft failures including ripped boots pay the extra for a Mopar shaft. Its a real drag when you see the grease line up and around the inner fender. Danny.

Edit: Did a boot swap once with parts from Rock-Auto and had to buy the band clamp Tool.

OP
OP
Sams47

Sams47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't thank ya enough man. I really appreciate the help. How much did you end up paying for the genuine mopar shafts? I think ill just pile up some cash and do one final swap with those.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Canadian price with discount was 254 each and reason for being more is there is no core charge, don't forget the rubber o ring that slips over the inboard spline to diff housing to keep water out and prevent seizure down the road. Best of luck.