Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rjdegen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
New here and don’t have much experience with this stuff

looking to level with bils 5100. 24-232203
Want to put rear well liners
295/60/20 ridge grapplers.

anyone see any issue with this set up?
Thanks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Thanks.

Your Bilstein part number is correct and tires will fit without rubbing. What is the look you are going for? Leveled with more aggressive tires? Do you want the tires to look stuffed? Are you looking to improve your ride?

OP
OP
R

Rjdegen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
Leveled with aggressive tires. Right is fine. I’ve got like 700 miles on the thing so so far so good. Do you think this set will look stuffed? Also do u think I can put on the rear wheel well liners as well?

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks.

just my opinion... I currently have the ridge grapplers on my 2019 1500 truck... loved them at first... after about 10,000 mile I hate them in wet weather... absolutely make me nervous driving in wet conditions....Things like going up a slight grade at a constant speed... nothing crazy... around 35mph with steady throttle and my truck breaks traction and goes sideways... about to switch to Falken wildpeak ... I cant five you real life experience with them just what my research has led my to. My friend has a RAM 2500 with ridge grapplers and loves them... my thinking is the weight difference makes a difference in the traction... anyway at the end of the day in my experience I would not recommend the ridge grapplers with a 1500... good luck... hope you are happy with all your decisions with your truck

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Leveled with aggressive tires. Right is fine. I’ve got like 700 miles on the thing so so far so good. Do you think this set will look stuffed? Also do u think I can put on the rear wheel well liners as well?
No that set up will not be stuffed. If you wanted to looked stuff you’d run a 35” tire. The Bilstein are the 5100 which are the stock replacement. They stiffen the ride and give a more planted feel than stock.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Rjdegen are you doing the install yourself?
on the 5th gens I’ve been noticing the top nut on the strut shaft has been rusting so be sure to clean the threads. I’ve only had 2 that were rusted but both had very low miles.

OP
OP
R

Rjdegen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
Not doing It myself. When I called about the leveling at first I was looking into the coil spacers. Guy at the shop mentioned the rusting they’ve seen but only when the spacers were used. That’s why he recommended the bils. My truck is a 21 and I have less than a 1000 miles on it. Wonder why there is Rust already even with a 2019 truck

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Not doing It myself. When I called about the leveling at first I was looking into the coil spacers. Guy at the shop mentioned the rusting they’ve seen but only when the spacers were used. That’s why he recommended the bils. My truck is a 21 and I have less than a 1000 miles on it. Wonder why there is Rust already even with a 2019 truck
It’s the way the water is draining on the new body style trucks. I learned the had way thinking the rust was just surface and seized the bolt on the threads. Light wire brushing cleans them right up but something to look out for the DIYers

OP
OP
R

Rjdegen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
Thanks for the replies. Now just have to decide which one of the 1000 running board options to go with

Travis Heintz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am new to this as well and this is my 1st truck/Ram. I want a nice level for my 2019 1500 Big Horn. I think the ReadyLift is an nice quality with the new upper control arm so the ball joint issues I read about will not be an issue. What I want to know is should I go 2 inch or greater. I don’t see a 2.5 inch just a 2 inch or 3 inch. Any thoughts on this? Tires will come next. Thinking about the Falken Wild Peaks.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am new to this as well and this is my 1st truck/Ram. I want a nice level for my 2019 1500 Big Horn. I think the ReadyLift is an nice quality with the new upper control arm so the ball joint issues I read about will not be an issue. What I want to know is should I go 2 inch or greater. I don’t see a 2.5 inch just a 2 inch or 3 inch. Any thoughts on this? Tires will come next. Thinking about the Falken Wild Peaks.

How much rake do you have now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It’s stock and have not measured yet.

Well ....

Step 1, measure how much rake you have now ....

Step 2, decide how much rake you want when you are done ....

Step 3, are you changing the rear at all ?

Step 4, do the math, and then ask about things that give you your answer to Step 2

Travis Heintz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for a zero rack so level. Only front lift. I’ll measure and do the math.

was just wondering what others have done.

it my new toy...:)

thanks...

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just an FYI, 4th Gens that are made dead level will have a tendency to look nose high, because the bed sits lower than the door window line .... Better off leaving 3/4”-1” of rake .... Helps when ya have a load as well .... But it’s your truck .... Your call

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Ball joints/UCA issues only come in to play when going over 2” (some say 2.5”).

The Falken Wildpeak are a great choice. I like my new ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01