Leveling parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am planning on getting a set of 35x12.5R17 Mastercraft Courser MXT tires for my 2010 RAM 1500 TRX4. I know that I will need to level it to be able to squeeze them in and will need new wheels to mount them on. I will be ordering the Bilstein struts soon and new Moog strut mounts and spring isolators for good measure. Is there anything else that I need to install the struts? Anything that is good preventative maintenance while doing this?

Also, for anyone who is running a similar setup, I would like some ideas of what wheel specs work. I'm stuck on getting 17's, love the look of more tire. What widths and offsets work well for this setup? Will spacers be necessary?

I'll be doing the wheels and tires in the fall most likely but maybe sooner. Currently, the tires are ones that the previous owner had put on. They're 265's :roflsquared: and I hate them. Good burnout tires for the summer.

Side note: does anyone know what type of differential and locking diff is?

BigTrout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A spring compressor I'm pretty sure is all you really need regarding the Bilsteins if you're the one doing the labor. I have mine set to 2.8 but others on here will argue about added stress on joints, so go 2.1 if you want to play it safe.
As for wheels and tires I'm with you on more rubber, go 17's won't regret it imo. Bs and offsets can vary depending on the stance you prefer [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A spring compressor I'm pretty sure is all you really need regarding the Bilsteins if you're the one doing the labor. I have mine set to 2.8 but others on here will argue about added stress on joints, so go 2.1 if you want to play it safe.
As for wheels and tires I'm with you on more rubber, go 17's won't regret it imo. Bs and offsets can vary depending on the stance you prefer [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's what I was planning on but I didn't want to forget any necessary parts. I'm hoping for a little bit of wheel poke and also don't want to worry about the tires rubbing. Sounds like an offset of 0mm or lower is about right.

BigTrout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm hoping for a little bit of wheel poke and also don't want to worry about the tires rubbing. Sounds like an offset of 0mm or lower is about right.

Ive heard different things regarding wheel backspacing/offset and relation to rubbing, added stress, etc. I took an educated risk when ordering wheels and tires because the internet was my only of automotive guidance lol. I prefer a little stance too, my advice is to just stay away from wheel spacers and look for wheels that will give you the look you're after.
Don't know what TRX4 options are available but id be curious to know

OP
OP
T

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive heard different things regarding wheel backspacing/offset and relation to rubbing, added stress, etc. I took an educated risk when ordering wheels and tires because the internet was my only of automotive guidance lol. I prefer a little stance too, my advice is to just stay away from wheel spacers and look for wheels that will give you the look you're after.
Don't know what TRX4 options are available but id be curious to know

I think the options are pretty similar. From what I can tell, most things are the same between the TRX4 and other models. I'm thinking about getting these wheels when I get them. 17"x9" and -12mm offset.

ATX Wheels - ATX AX181 Artillery, 17x9 Wheel with 5 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Teflon AX18179055612N | 4WheelParts.com

OP
OP
T

TylerFT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have mine set to 2.8 but others on here will argue about added stress on joints, so go 2.1 if you want to play it safe.

The instructions in the box say stock TRX4 height is the 0.7 setting. So should I assume that I would go straight to the max setting to get the 2.1" lift and level it out?

I just got the parts today. Planning on installing next weekend.