Lift block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paterpillar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lift block troubles, 2020 1500 with off-road package, can not get strut w/lift blocks back into towers, spring compressor being used. factory strut must have lift built in it, is this too much lift ?? I have since ordered new rough country 3.5 struts which I read, slip right in, we’ll see ?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What size lift spacer? Yes off-road package comes lifted already built in but it’s through the spring mount. talk to @Nick@GotExhaust to set you up with something better than what you ordered. Not sure the 3.5” struts will work anyways. If they are designed to be used with a lift than they are the wrong ones to use anyways.

Edit: yup. They have a note saying only for use on lifted vehicles to replace the lift spacer. I would not install those on your truck

Attachments

• A1838E8F-11F1-44B1-9F00-DF5A89D4552B.png
    A1838E8F-11F1-44B1-9F00-DF5A89D4552B.png
    188 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Paterpillar

Paterpillar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking to gain another 1.5” to 2” more height over what I already have with the factory off-road lift, which is currently higher then a stock 1500, I don’t see how the bilstein leveling struts would gain me anything I don’t already have.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking to gain another 1.5” to 2” more height over what I already have with the factory off-road lift, which is currently higher then a stock 1500, I don’t see how the bilstein leveling struts would gain me anything I don’t already have.
Bilstein can be set to higher than your current lift. Pretty sure the off-road package is only 1” taller. So bilstein say 2.6 is max so that’s 1.6” taller than your current lift and is not going to change the actual suspension geometry negatively like running a spacer or lifted struts will do. @Quick_Shifter can you confirm that? Also at that height you may want new upper control arms for leveled trucks just to help take stress off the upper ball joint

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Lift block troubles, 2020 1500 with off-road package, can not get strut w/lift blocks back into towers, spring compressor being used. factory strut must have lift built in it, is this too much lift ?? I have since ordered new rough country 3.5 struts which I read, slip right in, we’ll see ?
Rough Country anything suspension related is junk. Of course it it up to you to destroy your own truck. With anything you get what you pay for. I’m guessing your 2020 is a 5th gen because you have the orp but Bilstein 5100’s or Eibach net the best bang for your buck. If you want to improve your ride there are plenty of options as @Nick@GotExhaust will gladly quote you member discounted pricing.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These guys got it covered with great info. Eibach adjustable struts and Zone angle correcting UCA's will be the setup you want. This combo will get you leveled out while keeping the correct geometry in the front end so you can get your alignment back in spec while retaining ride comfort. As mentioned above RC anything will have issues and not last. Plus 3.5" is way too much without other components getting changed out as well.

Message me if you would like a quote.