Lifted 2012 Lower Control Arm Ball Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All, Please read this entire post this was in my inbox, I tried to help this guy from the U/K
Read the Link on the bottom, maybe the moderator can fix this in order, Thanks All

Hello to anybody who is kind enough to respond. I am in the UK so really struggling to get any support or knowledge regarding American cars/trucks so pleeeeease can someone help. The ram has a BDS lift, So bought a bottom balljoint from rockauto that fits my ram 2012, Me and the old man took the truck apart to replace the balljoint only to find the replacement was too small? any ideas about sizes? and where i can buy a new one from? Any help is appreciated lads :)

https://www.ramforum.com/conversations/ram-2012-lower-balljoint.139796/

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Rock auto could have screwed up and sent him the wrong part which is not uncommon. Your UK friend would be best suited to purchase a new lower control arm complete with ball joint.
(Can’t read private conversations)

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Link didnt work for me.

I thought some moog or other make ball joints on the plus size called problem solver.

I say there is a chance he got the wrong one, but maybe he removed a oversized one and now the hole is too big

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hi All, Please read this entire post this was in my inbox, I tried to help this guy from the U/K
Read the Link on the bottom, maybe the moderator can fix this in order, Thanks All

Hello to anybody who is kind enough to respond. I am in the UK so really struggling to get any support or knowledge regarding American cars/trucks so pleeeeease can someone help. The ram has a BDS lift, So bought a bottom balljoint from rockauto that fits my ram 2012, Me and the old man took the truck apart to replace the balljoint only to find the replacement was too small? any ideas about sizes? and where i can buy a new one from? Any help is appreciated lads :)

https://www.ramforum.com/conversations/ram-2012-lower-balljoint.139796/

This is what I used I believe. Now before anyone jumps to judging, these ball joints say they fit all kinds of years, but in several different places. There website was very confusing but I had more install time (me) than money to spend for this project. $40ish a pop for each ball joint vs $300 or so for oem LCA. Don't slay me for not shopping other OEM LCA options. Just trying to help answer this question :D.

I've been running these for 20,000 miles/32,187k.
Truck had 87,000 miles/140,013km when installed. It now has 107,000 miles/172,200km.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k500286

Truck is lifted 7" front 4.5" rear.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
This is what I used I believe. Now before anyone jumps to judging, these ball joints say they fit all kinds of years, but in several different places. There website was very confusing but I had more install time (me) than money to spend for this project. $40ish a pop for each ball joint vs $300 or so for oem LCA. Don't slay me for not shopping other OEM LCA options. Just trying to help answer this question :D.

I've been running these for 20,000 miles/32,187k.
Truck had 87,000 miles/140,013km when installed. It now has 107,000 miles/172,200km.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k500286

Truck is lifted 7" front 4.5" rear.
If he was in North America I would be right with you on just obtaining the correct ball joint but I’m guessing it’s a decent wait for parts and we don’t know the situation if the gentlemen needs his truck for work or just to do truck stuff. Not worth the time and aggravation to keep trying if he does have some Cracker Jack replacement already installed.
Since OP hasn’t elaborated on anything I’m guessing it’s not that important

Jamie Lambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello all, I am the guy in the UK with with the frustrating ball joint problem, yes the ram is my work truck along with a LR Defender which is also off the road right now (NO SURPRISE) the lower joint that i currently have in my truck has splines around the shaft that is pressed inside of the LCA. The joints sent from Rock auto did not and were roughly 25mm to small?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
hello all, I am the guy in the UK with with the frustrating ball joint problem, yes the ram is my work truck along with a LR Defender which is also off the road right now (NO SURPRISE) the lower joint that i currently have in my truck has splines around the shaft that is pressed inside of the LCA. The joints sent from Rock auto did not and were roughly 25mm to small?
Is the LCA silver aluminum? (factory) a lot of aftermarket ones are black in color.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Since it’s a 2012 it would be in your best interest to replace the entire LCA anyway. Saves you aggravation and takes the guess work out of it. There is no telling what happened between 2012 and now so a full replacement would be my recommendation. The Land Rover is a fun truck to play with but loves its maintenance for sure.

Jamie Lambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased the MOOG That redSRT4Me used on their truck and also got me one coming from CARiD For roughly the same price as the truck cost me:(
so fingers are crossed for when it rains ball joints here in England to see if any of them fit. thanks again lads / lasses

Jamie Lambert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You wrote back right after i went to rockauto. deep down i think replacement LCA will be the way forward, LR are coll and mine is a defender but the only thing it defends is me staying broke lol

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Just purchased the MOOG That redSRT4Me used on their truck and also got me one coming from CARiD For roughly the same price as the truck cost me:(
so fingers are crossed for when it rains ball joints here in England to see if any of them fit. thanks again lads / lasses
Best of luck I hope one fits